The Curated Take
I ride the Felix StepOns with the Escapade bindings, and people will often aske me in the lift line about whether or not I like the StepOn system. My answer is always that I like the convenience of the bindings, but these boots just do not stay tight! For an aggressive rider like myself, that is a huge problem. I have found the BOAs popping open mid run, and even if they don't pop open, they are constantly loosening, even if I'm just walking around the base area. I have never had issues like this with previous pairs of boots I've worn from other brands, but these are a real problem.
On the plus side, they do keep my feet warm and dry, and I find them to be really comfortable, even after sizing down a 1/2 size from my measured size. But for me, the cons far outweight the pros. If the boots would stay tight, I would be all in. Unfortunately, they do not.
- Super comfortable. I bought 1/2 size down from my measured shoe size, and they packed out perfectly.
- My feet stay warm and dry all day long
- When the BOAs stay tight, they are stiff and responsive
- I have had the BOAs pop open multiple times in one run.
- Even when the BOAs don't pop open, they are constantly loosening, and I will often have to stop mid-run to retighten them
The Burton Felix Step On Snowboard Boots for women are designed to provide high-level warmth, comfort, and micro-adjustability. With the most intuitive connection in snowboarding, these boots offer a medium flex for a responsive do-it-all feel. The Dual Zone BOA® Fit System allows effortless adjustment of lower and upper zones with the turn of a dial. These boots are also compatible with strapless step on bindings, making every transition quick and easy while maintaining uncompromised board control. The heat-reflective technology in the boot combined with foot-hugging, heat-moldable liners ensures warm feet all day long.
- Dual Zone BOA® Fit System for effortless adjustment of lower and upper zones.
- Strapless step on binding compatibility for quick and easy transitions.
- Heat-reflective technology in the boot plus foot-hugging, heat-moldable liners ensure warm feet all day long.