The Curated Take
The Marker Griffon 13 is the mid-range binding in Marker's Royal Family of Alpine freeride bindings. It is a step up in terms of durability and max retention from the Squire -- and not quite as burly as the Jester and Jester Pro which are geared more towards ultra-aggressive big mountain and park skiers.
If you are not planning on hucking 80-foot cliffs or launching out of the halfpipe and still want a very solid free-ride binding that will hold up well under the impacts to which "mere" experts subject their skis, the Marker Griffon offers great reliability, consistent releases when needed and has the elasticity to prevent pre-releases under normal very aggressive impacts. I am a 210 lb expert skier, who loves skiing in the trees and bumps, and far-too-often-for-my-age takes side hits and smaller table tops in the park and I trust them completely.
- Compatible with Alpine, AT and Gripwalk Boot soles
- Great all-mountain Freeride binding for aggressive advanced to Expert skiers.
- Solid choice for heavier skiers who need higher din bindings.
- Rated up to 120 kg... so skiers who weigh more than 264 lbs should consider the Jester.
- Minimum brake width is 90mm, so not ideal for sub 80mm width carving skis.
The Marker Griffon 13 ID Ski Binding is a safe and strong binding for intermediate and advanced skiers. This binding is a really high–performance option for strong, downhill skiing.
- Triple Pivot Toe – Horizontally oriented toe spring helps absorb lateral vibrations better than traditional toe pieces for better damping and stability.
- Inter Pivot Heel – A strong pivoting heel piece offers great power transmission and improved in step.
- Power Bar – Power bar over the toe piece enhances transfer of energy from foot to ski and doubles as a boot cleaner.