Get fast, free advice from Curated's Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
As a mid-handicap golfer who doesn't spend much time practicing my short game, the Cleveland CBX Zipcore wedge has been a revelation. Having now used the CBX wedges for a season, I can now see how they have saved me strokes. I game the 48-degree gap wedge a the 54-degree sand wedge. I find with full swings and 1/2 to 3/4 swings that, I am hitting more greens in regulation. The main difference is that the CBX wedges are slightly larger than bladed wedges and are, therefore, more forgiving on less-than-perfect strikes, which result in smaller misses. Also, the spin rates seem to be very high based on how the ball is holding the greens on full swings and how the ball is bouncing and checking quickly on shorter approaches. Out of bunkers, I will say that the CBX wedge doesn't have quite as much versatility as a bladed wedge, but for me, that's not an issue. My main goal is to get out of traps and onto greens, and I can do that without having to manipulate the club face. It's very reliable, and because of that, I have far less trap-related mishaps when hitting out of bunkers. The bounce and sole grind are designed for forgiveness and solid turf interaction. Finally, while these wedges are on the game-improvement end of the spectrum, I think they look great in the bag. I highly recommend giving the CBX Zipcore wedges a try.
- The CBX Zipcore wedges are cavity back and exceptionally forgiving
- The high spin rate allows balls to hold greens with ease
- Turf interaction is very good from a variety of lies
- Not as versatile as blade wedges
The Cleveland CBX Zipcore Wedge delivers mid to high-handicap players a forgiving and soft feeling wedge that matches their iron set's forgiveness and launch capabilities. The soles of each wedge complement the loft options along with sharp grooves that optimize spin performance for profound shot control around the greens.
- Hollow Cavity Design – Engineered with added weight in the toe and a hollow chamber near the heel delivers players a balanced wedge that focuses on forgiveness from impacts across the face.
- ZipCore – Designed with a lightweight and low-density core which provides an ideal center of gravity position for enhanced stability, and reduces unwanted vibrations.
- UltiZip Grooves – For efficient channeling of debris off the hitting area, two extra sharp and deep grooves are etched into the clubface for more contact points and maximized spin on the golf ball.
- Dynamic Sole – Changing with the lofts of the wedges, V-, C-, and S- Shaped soles deliver the greenside performance players need from every optional wedge.
- Gelback – Constructed with a TPU insert that softens the feel and absorbs vibrations producing a buttery smooth feel from impacts across any point on the face.