Orvis Jam Stop Thingamabobber
- We price match
Get free gear advice from a fishing expert
Ask a fishing expert a question about this product
- What's a cheaper option?
- What's a more premium option?
- Is this right for me?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What should I compare this to?
The Orvis Jam Stop Thingamabobber is a highly visible strike indicator. The ultra-sensitive Thingamabobber is perfect for nymph fishing where an indicator is needed to detect the subtle strikes of fish feeding sub-surface. This strike indicator easily attaches to a leader, can quickly be adjusted, and will always stay in place, even on small diameter lines. It comes in multiple colors and two sizes (1/2" and 3/4").
- Never Sinks – The Thingamabobber doesn't require any floatant and will never sink, which allows for less prep and maintenance while fishing
- Easy to Attach –By using a straight-line connection or a loop, the Thingamabobber can quickly be attached by threading the line through the eye at the top and then sliding the plug into the hole, securing the strike indicator in place
- Ultra-Sensitive & Highly Visible –The Thingamabobber comes in fluorescent colors to make it easy to spot on the water. It is also very sensitive to subtly strikes from fish feeding sub-surface. These two features combined make the Thingamabobber an effective strike indicator during many fishing conditions.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
These indicators are one of the lifelines between you and the fish. They are critical for most subsurface techniques. You'll notice the quality right away. The balance and sensitivity in these floats will make you a more responsive and successful angler! You can use this for a variety of wet fly applications, but you'll be using these mostly for nymphing.
No fishing kit would be complete with out a few indicators! Perfect for suspending and fishing subsurface nymphs, midges, scuds and streamers. These give you a direct link to your fly as well as give you a heads up when a fish has eaten your fly. These are incredibly light and won't affect your casting like more wind resistant indicators.
Strike indicators are great tools while nymphing for beginners and seasoned pros alike! It will really help with knowing what a fish strike looks and feels like and help keep your nymph at that perfect depth.
Almost 80% of trout feeding goes on under water and you'll need this for when you're nymph fishing. It lets you know when the fish has the hook in it mouth when you cant see the fly under water.