Orvis Soft Tungsten Weight
- We price match
Get free gear advice from a fishing expert
Ask a fishing expert a question about this product
- Is this right for me?
- What should I compare this to?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What's a more premium option?
- What's a cheaper option?
The Orvis® Soft Tungsten Weight is a great addition when adding weight to a fly-fishing line for nymphing, fishing streamers, or anytime flies need to sink fast. The tungsten weight is a soft putty that is easy to roll in to balls and mold around tippet and leader. When extra weight is needed, just open the container and pull off whatever amount is needed. This can be used alone or in addition to standard split shot. This product is also lead-free so it will not pollute the water.
- Soft and Pliable – This tungsten weight can easily be pulled apart making it possible to fine tune the weight to the exact amount needed. It can be molded around tippet and easily removed.
- No Damage to Tippet/Leader – Unlike standard split shot, the tungsten weight does not pinch or kink the tippet so no damage it done by adding weight or taking it off.
- Sinks Fast – Tungsten is the choice weight for anglers who want a weight that is small yet heavy. Tungsten sinks fast and will get flies to depth quickly.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
Perfect for weighting the line for nymphing and streamers in faster rivers, deeper lakes and spawning freshwater fish! Based on the water being fished, time of year, species, spawning season, and temperature, it is important to add weight to the line. These tungsten weights are soft and easily tear off the exact amount you want to use to weight your line without depositing lead in our waterways!