The Curated Take
A lot of touring skis on the market focus on weight and uphill performance and forget about the downhill. The Moment Deathwish Tour is not one of those skis. The Deathwish Tours are just as good on the downhill as they are on the uphill. While these aren't the lightest touring skis out there, they are 112mm underfoot. After all, they are plenty of light for any touring you want to do. Where these skis really shine, though, is on the downhill. The triple camber of the Deathwish is an interesting change for anyone who has never used it before, and the double rocker makes this a really playful and surfy ski in any condition.
Thanks to that double rocker, these skis feel shorter than they are, but this lets you make short turns that are easy to initiate. These skis also provide great flotation in soft snow but hold their own on hardpack. I set these up with ATK Freeraider bindings and have really enjoyed this setup. They work really well in the backcountry in any conditions, and I feel good about taking them into the resort on days when I will be hitting the side country a lot.
- A big mountain, freestyle oriented touring ski.
- A lightweight powder ski.
- Triple camber makes this ski really fun.
- The weight and sidewall construction makes this less capable then than the normal Deathwish.
The 2022 Moment Deathwish Tour is Moment's option for advanced and expert skiers looking for a little less weight than the traditional Deathwish line. The Deathwish Tour features a modified tip and tail shape to accept skins, as well as nearly a pound off of the Deathwish's weight. Reduced weight, paired with the shape of the Deathwish, offers excellent performance for backcountry and inbounds skiing.
- Triple-Camber Technology – Moment's triple camber technology features varying camber and rocker profiles along the length of the ski, in order to offer a playful ride that limits compromises in performance.
- USA-Built – All Moment skis are handmade in the USA, at the Reno factory.
- Lowfat Layup – The tour layup of the Deathwish gets its own unique core design, mixed with fiberglass and carbon fiber layers, to reduce weight while still offering optimal performance.
- Skin Clip Tips – Modified from the normal Moment ski tips and tails, a new profile makes it possible to put skins onto the skis without issues.