TaylorMade Stealth Fairway Wood
- We price match
Instantly connect & get free advice from a golf expert
Ask a golf expert a question about this product
- How do I choose the right configuration?
- Can you show me more like this?
- Is this right for me?
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a cheaper option?
- Ask your own question
The Taylormade Stealth Fairway Wood is a great club for beginners or mid to high handicap players. The club is very forgiving, making it ideal for those needing to be more consistent with their shots. Fairway woods are some of the hardest clubs to usually hit; however, this club has an increased sweet spot, nice balancing, and great look at address. All of these factors make it great for the playing wanting to improve their game.
- High Launch
- Increased Distances
- Not low spinning
- Not super workable
The TaylorMade Stealth Fairway Wood is built for mid-handicap players needing a high level of forgiveness from their fairway woods along with relief from low mishits on the clubface. A low center of gravity position combined with twist face technologies in the clubface deliver dependable launch and shot correction to keep the ball closer to the golfer's intended target line.
- 3D Carbon Crown – A light carbon material used in the crown allows mass to be pulled from the high toe area and redistributed in the rear of the club for enhanced stability and ball flight control through impact.
- V Steel Sole Design – Adding to the limited turf interaction and versatility of the V Steel design, weight placement in the sole also ensures dependable launch to achieve preferred apex angles and carry distances.
- Twist Face – Gearing mishits to the target line, corrective face angles in the Twist Face technology reduces errant ball flights for more consistent shots to the fairways and greens.
- Thru-Slot Speed Pocket – Thru-Slot Speed Pocket technology creates face flexibility to empower accelerated ball speeds at impact and deliver targeted launch trajectories, especially from stikes low on the clubface.
When getting my new clubs this year, I was skeptical of taking my trusty X2 hot Callaway out of the bag as it had been there for the last 5+ years. I looked into the Stealth and Stealth 2 line of woods. The original Stealth was so good looking and high performing that it nearly deterred me from getting the Stealth 2 plus, but unfortunately the adjustability won me over on the Stealth 2 in the end. Nevertheless, if you are looking for a wood that can do it all, and safe a few dollars on being one model year in the past, the Stealth is the cream of the crop, and you will not be dissapointed in how it performs from tee to rough to fairway.
- Great all around wood
- Looks great at address
- Good from any lie
- Adjustability lacking
The stealth fairway wood is ideal for players looking for a fairway wood that produces high ball speeds along with a high launch and straight ball flight. If you are looking to work the ball there are better options, and if you are needing help reducing a slice you will probably do better with the Stealth HD model. But for players such as myself that like a neutral ball flight and are typically not looking to work the ball the Stealth Fairway woods deliver everything a player could ever want in a fairway wood. The ball jumps off the face, and it delivers an explosive yet solid sound and feel at impact. The Twist Face really does help reduce hooks/slices on heel and toe strikes. I also personally love the way they look at address - very sleek and confidence inspiring.
- Extremely long
- Extremely forgiving
- Launches high and straight
- Not ideal for players looking to work the ball
Get personalized, unbiased product recommendations within minutes