Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
This is a fly rod for someone looking for a small creek and stream fly rod. I use this fly rod on the small wild Ozark streams in Missouri. This is the best fly rod and dry dropper fly rod for close ranges. Not the most versatile fly rod as it is suited for specific situations. This is for the fly fisherman looking for a fly rod for casting 10' - 30' in small water.
There are several options ranging anywhere from 1wt - 4wt in different lengths. Several of these also come in a 6-piece, making it a great option for keeping in your vehicle or will fit in most backpacks.
- Best small stream fly rod on the market.
- This is a fly rod that has packability in mind.
- Full flex making the perfect dry fly rod.
- Not a fly rod for everyone.
The Douglas Upstream Fly Rod series lineup from Douglas Outdoors includes eight unique, ultra-light fly rods designed primarily for trout fishing. Each rod is designed for brushy and tight-quarters fishing environments. Designed for close casting, this rod still allows for line control. This is the rod for the angler who likes to get off the beaten path and fish small streams.
- Ring Reel Seat – This will securely hold the reel to the rod.
- Rod Tube and Sock – The included sock and rod tube will protect the rod when not in use.
- Slow Action – This action is designed for a more delicate presentation to wary fish.
- 3wt 6ft 6in (Upstream 3662) is for small streams and creek fishing for trout.
- 3wt 7ft (Upstream 3706) is for small streams and creek fishing for trout.
- 3wt 7ft 3in (Upstream 3734) is a small stream trout rod.
- 3wt 7ft 6in (Upstream 3766) is a good trout rod when using smaller dry flies.
- 2wt 8ft (Upstream 2804) is an ultra light trout rod.
- 3wt 8ft (Upstream 3806) is good trout rod.
- 3wt 8ft 3in (Upstream 3834) is a good ultra light trout rod.
- 3wt 8ft 8in (Upstream 4884) is a trout rod for medium size streams.