Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
I don't get to fish the salt much. So when I was looking for a setup I was trying not to break the bank but also not looking to skimp on quality. Then in my search, Douglas dropped the ERA and for the price tag, I had to give it a try. The ERA is surprising in about every metric (mainly surprising given the price). Surprisingly accurate, smooth, and powerful within 60'. If you're looking to get into salt for the once-a-year trip or looking to add a budget-friendly backup, look no further than the Douglas ERA.
- Insanely budget friendly. Won't find a better rod in the price range
- Performs well and loads quickly for saltwater appliations
- Beginner friendly. Easy rod to learn to cast on.
- Very heavy feel if casting all day.
- Loses power outside as reaching the 60' range.
The Douglas ERA Fly Rod is built with budget and affordability in mind. Built on a fast action graphite blank, this rod casts smooth and is accurate. Beginning fly anglers would use this.
- Lifetime Warranty – This rod comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Cordura Rod Tube – This rod comes with a protective rod tube for safe storage and transportation.
- Dual Uplocking Reel Seat – The uplocking reel seat securely holds the reel in place even with minor drops.
- 5wt 9ft (590-4) is an ideal trout rod. 8wt 9ft (890-4) is an ideal saltwater rod.