Get free gear advice from an expert
The Curated Take
The Mizuno Pro 225 is a mid-low handicap player looking to capitalize on distance but maintain a clean player's shape. These irons are beautiful at address and in the bag. They are easy to launch, forgiving, and workable. They feel like a Mizuno, which are arguably the best feeling irons in the game. The shorter irons are definitely not clunky. As you go up to the longer irons, they maintain a great look but perform super well. If you are a player that struggles to gain distance but is in the mid-low handicap range, this is the iron for you. It is also a great combo set with the 223 or 221. They even come in two iron.
- Distance and feel of a Mizuno iron is unmatched
- Smaller players shape but a forgiving iron
- Amazing look and easy to launch
- Smaller shape might worry some golfers
Mizuno Pro 225 Iron Set is ideal for single-digit handicap players and advanced ball strikers demanding a pure-feeling, aesthetically-uncompromised iron that delivers precise control over the shape and trajectory of every golf shot. Each iron is specifically crafted and forged to provide desired feedback while packing high-launching and workable performance within a refined shape.
- Grain Flow Forging – A Grain Flow forging process used to engineer the face and the neck of the iron, delivering impeccable feel consistency and craftmanship to each club.
- Soft Copper Underlay – Producing a soft, pure feel, a microlayer of copper is constructed under the Nickle Chrome face.
- Hot Metal Blade Design – Combined with a forged hollow body, tungsten weight positioned behind a thin face, produce a stable and elevated ball flight from the mid and long-irons in the set.
- 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel 9-PW – The 9-iron and Pitching Wedge feature a 431 steel back weight providing players with versatile ball flight control and targeted approach shots to the pin.