Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
The Mizuno Pro 223 irons are great for the better player who is seeking a more refined, advanced player's cavity back style iron with phenomenal feel and very consistent performance! Unlike many newer model irons, the 223 do not contain overly strong lofts, so they will not provide added distance. Instead, they offer unmatched feel and very consistent launch and distance, allowing the player full control of their shots. Very workable and a super soft sweet spot make these irons very enjoyable to play!
- The Mizuno Pro 223 Iron set is best for the better player looking for consistent performance, great feel and sound.
- Best for those who seek irons that offer a little amount of forgiveness while also providing unmatched feel and control for workability.
- The 223 irons are best for people seeking more traditional lofts and consistent (not added) distance.
- Higher handicap players will want to proceed with caution as these irons do not offer as much forgiveness or offset as other models.
- Players seeking stronger, more modern lofts will want to look at other models as the 223 has more traditional lofting.
- Players seeking added distance may find this model to not offer extra distance due to their softer faces.
The Mizuno Pro 223 Iron Set is engineered for advanced golfers seeking a compact-shaped iron with a limited cavity to deliver profound ball flight control while appealing to the discerning eye. Specific and varied weighting between the long and short irons pinpoint targeted trajectories, enabling the better player to chose their path to the pin.
- One-Piece Grain Flow Forged – Using a One-Piece Grain Flow forging process produces impeccable consistency in feel and spin generation throughout the set.
- Soft Copper Underlay – Further enhancing the pure, soft feel of the iron, a microlayer of copper is placed under the Nickle Chrome surface material.
- Flow Micro Slot 4-7 Irons – Within a small, tour-ready profile, a Forged Chromoly with Flow Micro Slot technology in the 4-7-irons ramps up ball speeds and control for the longer to mid-length approach shots.
- 1025E Pure Select Mild Carbon Steel – A short and compact shape in the 8-iron through Pitching Wedge delivers precise launch and ball spin to target any point on the green.