Instantly connect & get free advice from a golf expert
The Curated Take
The Cobra LTDx Max fairway wood is made for the mid to high-handicap player. It is the most forgiving fairway wood in the Cobra line. It doesn't require much effort to hit and is fun to play with in all conditions. The day I played was a bit cool outside, and thankfully, the club was easy to hit and had a lot of forgiveness on mishits.
The adjustable weights allow customization for many golfers and changing weather conditions. There isn't much offset; the weights can help set the club exactly how you want it for the day. It has a draw bias, which will help keep the slices to a minimum, and overall, it has pleasing looks at address.
- Best for mid to high handicap player
- Best for those who want maximum forgiveness
- Best for those who like adjustable weights
- Not made for the better player
- Not for those that are looking for a 9 wood
- Not for those who are looking for maximum workability
The Cobra LTDx Max Fairway Wood is built for higher handicap golfers and those seeking to minimize side spin from pushing the ball right of the target line. Mass added in the heel and back of the fairway wood delivers reliable launch while also maximizing a draw bias ball flight shape for a deeper carry distance down the middle of the golf hole.
- PWR-COR Technology – A multi-material weighting system pushes mass front and low in the club, transferring maximum energy to the golf ball and creating a balance of low spin and high launch.
- Highly Optimized Topology(HOT) – Visual peaks and valleys and 15 different zones of variable thickness optimize ball speeds across the face, delivering effortless launch and deeper distance.
- Progressive Baffler Rails –Baffler rails improve turf interaction in the 5 and 7 woods, enhancing launch from steeper angles of attack; while smooth soles in the 3 wood improve distance from shallower attack angles.
- Arccos Smart Sensors – Relaying distance data from golf shots to a cell phone or computer, sensors in each grip provide the information needed to make informed club selections to reach each green.