Temple Fork Outfitters Pro 2 Fly Rod
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a fly fishing expert a question about this product
- What's a more premium option?
- Is this right for me?
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a cheaper option?
- Can you show me more like this?
- Ask your own question
This rod is at home in the hands of an expert or a beginner! Its not overpriced but it performs very well. It will do pretty much anything you need it to. If you are looking for a quality rod that wont break the bank, then this rod is for you.
- Great all around rod .
- Can handle large nymph rigs down to tiny dry flies.
- Moderate-fast actions gives it more forgiveness and a really smooth feel.
- Can be tough in super windy conditions because it is slightly softer than a normal fast action.
The Temple Fork Outfitters Pro 2 Fly Rod is TFO's best selling fly rod. Built as a medium-fast action rod with a progressive taper, this rod is smooth casting and powerful. Components on the rod are alignment dots color coded by line weight, premium grade cork with burled accents, and oversized stripping guides. The reel seats is anodized aluminum with braided carbon fiber inserts. Beginners looking to upgrade their entry level rod, or intermediate to advanced fly fishing anglers looking for a workhorse rod would use these rods. Key Features:
- Travel Size â€“ All of these rods come in either 3 or 4 pieces to make travel easier.
- No Fault Lifetime Warranty â€“ This rod is covered by the TFO lifetime, no fault warranty.
- Progressive Taper â€“ The progressive taper on the action of these rods means that the rod will be a powerful casting rod, and still remain forgiving. Use Cases:
- 2wt 8ft (TF 02 80 3 P2) is an ultralight trout or panfish rod.
- 3wt 7ft6in (TF 03 76 4 P2) is an ultralight trout or panfish rod.
- 3wt 8ft6in (TF 03 86 4 P2) is an ultralight trout or panfish rod.
- 4wt 8ft (TF 04 80 4 P2) is a small stream trout fly rod.
- 4wt 8ft6in (TF 04 86 4 P2) is a standard small stream trout fly rod.
- 4wt 9ft (TF 04 90 4 P2) is a trout fly rod mainly for casting dry flies or smaller nymphs.
- 5wt 10ft (TF 05 10 4 P2) is a trout rod for larger streams or lakes.
- 5wt 7ft6in (TF 05 76 4 P2) is a small stream fly rod.
- 5wt 8ft6in (TF 05 86 4 P2) is a small stream fly rod.
- 5wt 9f6in (TF 05 90 4 P2) is a standard trout fly rod.
- 6wt 10ft (TF 06 10 4 P2) is rod to chase bigger trout, throw streamers, and fish larger rivers or lakes. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 6wt 9ft (TF 06 90 4 P2) is a rod to throw streamers for trout with.
- 7wt 9ft (TF 07 90 4 P2) would be used for steelhead or bass. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 7wt 10ft (TF 07 10 4 P2) is the typical Great Lakes steelhead rod. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 7wt 9ft6in (TF 07 96 4 P2) would be used for steelhead or bass. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 8wt 9ft (TF 08 90 4 P2) would be used for steelhead, bass, and small salmon, or even saltwater species. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 8wt 9ft6in (TF 08 96 4 P2) would be used for salmon or saltwater species such as bonefish and blues. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 9wt 9ft (TF 09 90 4 P2) would be used for salmon, bonefish, blues, and small stripped bass. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 10wt 9ft (TF 10 90 4 P2) is a rod that would be used for pike or musky , stripped bass, and small tarpon. This rod has a fighting butt.
The TFO pro 2 fly rod is the absolutely perfect rod for the fly fisher looking to upgrade their beginner fly rod and not break the bank. The rod is priced in the same price point range as beginner fly rods, but is not designed for beginning fly anglers. This rod is a little stiffer than a beginning fly caster would want. The warranty is as good of a warranty as you can get on any fly rod. The lifetime no fault warranty means the rod can be broken for any reason at all and TFO will still repair the rod for lifetime of the rod or send a replacement section. Affordable, high quality, are the best two words to describe the TFO Pro 2 fly rod.
- Top tier Lifetime No Fault Warranty
- Affordable-Quality Fly Rod
- Wide range of different sizes and lengths available
- On the stiff side for beginner fly casters
- Long range accuracy is limited to very good fly casters
- Could use an upgraded reel seat
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations