Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
I think of reels differently than most people due to the fact that I do not need a fancy, robust drag system for the situations I fish. This reel is only used to hold the fly line and needs to be durable enough to last in the conditions. This reel just so happens to be not only affordable, but machined and flashy at the same time. It was a no brainer for me. Also, one of the top-rated freshwater and saltwater reels on the market today.
Temple Fork Outfitters has a reputation for producing lifetime warrantied affordably dependable gear for years. The TFO NTR is no exception to that as the money was well spent for a solid, durable, and versatile reel that can be added to anyone's quiver. No complaints at all with the value for the money! I cannot find a better-quality reel for the price. From an affordability standpoint, I have been extremely pleased with the NTR Fly Reel.
- As an all-around rugged reel, everyone needs this reel.
- Comes in make sizes and color options.
- Complete sealed drag systems and super durable.
- This reel is wide compared to the NXT Black Label and BVK SD. The NXT BL is 0.98” in width, whereas the NTR is 1.06”.
The Temple Fork Outfitters NTR is a large arbor fly reel that freshwater fly fishermen of all skill levels would use. Machined from 6061-T6 aluminum, this reel is lightweight and strong. A one-way stainless-steel spindle bearing with an internal cap and O-ring seals the drag to prevent moisture and dust from entering. This reel comes in 4 sizes to accommodate rod sizes of 3-10 weight. Key Features:
- Sealed Cork Drag – The drag system is designed to be smooth and protect fine tippets.
- Easy Hand Retrieve Change – It is easy to change the retrieval from left to right-handed without a tool.
- Neoprene Pouch – This reel comes with a protective neoprene pouch for storage when not in use.