Orvis Battenkill Disc I Fly Reel
- We price match
Get free gear advice from a fishing expert
Ask a fly fishing expert a question about this product
- How does it compare to last year's model?
- What's a cheaper option?
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a more premium option?
- Can you show me more like this?
- Is this right for me?
The Orvis Battenkill Disc I Fly Reel combines the classic look of the Battenkill with the updated drag system of the Hydros, for a 1 weight fly rod. This is the reel for the angler who prefers the classic look but wants an updated drag system. Built of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum and an ergonomic Delrin handle, making this a sharp looking reel with a black nickel finish.
- Sealed Drag – Built with the same drag system as the Hyrdos reel, this will withstand the elements and allow the angler to stop fish. Worry about other things, not if the gear will hold up to the fishing conditions.
- Easy-to-Use Drag Adjust System – Simple to adjust the drag. While fighting a fish, changing the drag is the last thing to worry about; With a simple turn of the knob, tighten or loosen the drag while still concentrating on the fish.
- Mid Arbor Design – Although this is not a true large arbor, the mid arbor allows for the benefits of a large arbor while maintaining the look and feel of the traditional Battenkill reel.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
Fresh water or salt water fishing on 5-7 weight rods. Another classic 5-weight fly reel that Orvis has been producing for 70 years. This is another reel that will last you a lifetime with the classic trout reel styling. Super smooth drag system that is fully sealed when the spool is engaged. You just cannot go wrong with this reel for this price point.
The Orvis Battenkill Disc reel features the same drag and arbor system as higher-end models and is well-suited for trout streams and lakes alike! It is a 5-7 weight, so it will work well for trout (5wt) and bass/lake trout (7wt). With old-school looks, don't underestimate the Battenkill line of reels! This updated version features new internals taken from higher-end reels, all packaged into a classic look. Smooth drag and adjustability makes it easy to land any fish within its weight range!