Orvis Battenkill Disc Reel
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
The Battenkill Disc reel is a classically styled reel that has been made with a modern disc drag system for added stopping power. This would be a great real for an angler looking for a high quality dependable reel for warm water species like smallmouth bass, carp, or pike. Anglers fishing for larger trout will also appreciate the smooth drag system. This is an affordable machined aluminum reel that will stand up to years of use. The only thing to consider is the arbor size is smaller than many "modern" reels, which generally means line pickup on the retrieve is slower and line coils can be an issue.
- Perfect for warm water fishing and large trout.
- Strong drag system but sensitive enough for light tippet applications.
- Very durable thanks to its machined and anodized aluminum.
- The medium arbor spool increases line coiling, compared to modern extra large arbor spool.
There has been a long and historically successful line of Battenkill reels through Orvis history. Simple, trouble free, and easily accessible in price-the ultimate in function and simplicity throughout the years. Welcome to the powerful, technologically advanced, and yet still accessible new generation of Battenkill reels. This latest Battenkill Disc version is true to its heritage in looks and performance, but updated with the latest in design improvements and a significantly more powerful drag. The porting and finish pay unmistakable homage to the Battenkills of the past, but this reel incorporates our best-selling mid-arbor design. Underneath that mid arbor is the same sealed drag system found in the Hydros SL incorporating six interacting carbon and stainless drag surfaces. Positive click drag is simple and easy to adjust. The reel is built of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum with an ergonomic Delrin handle and changing from left to right hand retrieve is simple. In black nickel.
· NEW generation of Battenkill Disc Reels!
· NEW mid-arbor design
· Technically superior sealed-drag based on the Hydros
· Ported jewel finish
· Battle-tested performance, remarkably accessible price
· In sizes I through IV
· Battenkill Disc I for line weights 1-3, 4.4 oz., 2¾" diameter
· Battenkill Disc II for line weights 3-5, 4.6 oz., 3" diameter
· Battenkill Disc III for line weights 5-7, 4.9 oz., 3¼" diameter
· Battenkill Disc IV for line weights 7-9, 5.9 oz., 3½" diameter
This reel is a great choice for the angler who is looking for a classically styled reel with a high performing drag at a value price point. This drag is fully sealed so it is virtually maintenance free and you can you it for both fresh or saltwater fishing. It comes with a full lifetime Orvis warranty and has been in production by the company for over 70 years so you know you are getting a quality, long lasting product. The drag has plenty of poundage to stop large fish. The negative factors is that it is made in China and is partially cast so if you drop it the reel is going to ding up easily. It also is not a large arbor design so there is going to be a slower line retrieve time so It's not as suited to species that like to run line. Great for Bass and Trout.
- Fully sealed maintenance free drag.
- Classic Trout Styling.
- Has been in production for 70 years.
- Partially cast so it does ding up easily.
- Not a large Arbour.
- Made in China.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations