The Curated Take
Wilson has delivered a game changer for the 3 piece golf ball market in the Wilson Triad. I was pleasantly surprised by how noticeable the quality of the roll, accuracy, and sound of this golf ball off of my blade putter. Speaking of blades, these compress so well off of my bladed long irons for an exceptional mid to low trajectory and outstanding spin and workability off my scoring irons. The stopping power is there when these land on the green from a solid distance. It's not a 5 piece golf ball but oh my it is impressive. Wilson claims this golf ball will help you break 80. I can see why.
- Outstanding ball flight
- Excellent low spin and dispersion off long irons
- noticeably more consistency off the putter
- Could use slightly more greenside spin
The Wilson 2022 Triad Golf Balls are designed to help golfers of all skill levels achieve greater accuracy and distance on the course. With a high MOI design, these balls move weight from the core to the outer layers for faster ball speed and lower driver spin, resulting in a more stable ball flight and more fairways hit. The ultra-thin cast urethane cover engages longer with the clubface on mid-to-low irons, generating controlled ball flight and greater spin to attack pins with confidence. Additionally, Triad's patented Tri-Balanced™ construction moves weight from the core to other layers so that each layer has the same material density, negating any defects from manufacturing tolerances.
- High MOI Design: Moves weight from core to outer layers for faster ball speed and lower driver spin
- Ultra-Thin Cast Urethane Cover: Engages longer with clubface on mid-to-low irons for controlled ball flight and greater spin
- Patented Tri-Balanced™ Construction: Each layer has same material density for pinpoint accuracy and putts that roll true