Get fast, free advice from Curate'ds Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The Mizuno Omoi Type 1 is going to solve a problem for a lot of people. Those, like myself, who prefer a blade-shaped putter and are willing to score worse to carry one. We would be better with mallets, and the game would be less frustrating. But no, no we won’t be doing that, thank you very much. Enter the Type 1.
The first thing I noticed is that this putter is extremely short. Not in shaft length, in blade length. When I first saw it, I thought it would be light, but not at all. There are two thirteen-gram screw-in weights in the sole, which add a ton of mass. Overall, the package swings more like a mallet than a blade.
The feel is second to no putter I have ever tested, the stout package makes for easy alignment and natural positioning, and the whole of its forgiveness is far more than both the sum of its individual parts and its aggressive aesthetic.
- This putter is freaky smooth. I heard the ball come off the face more than I felt it.
- The short length of the blade paired with the substantial weight makes it really easy to keep on line.
- It’s so compact, it sits neatly behind the ball at address in a really comfortable image.
- There’s nothing bad to say about this putter. Literally nothing.
The Mizuno OMOI Type I Putter is a slant neck putter that is ideal for the golfer that has a slight arc in their putting stroke, due to 60 degrees of toe hang. The heavyweight stability in the head, weighing in at 370g, offers increased MOI (moment of inertia), which means more forgiveness and stability. It is forged and CNC Milled from 1025 mild carbon steel which provides excellent feel and precision; This allows for an incredibly soft feel and pure rolls of the golf ball. It also includes two 3g weights, and two 13g weights, along with a tool to dial in the perfect feel. The included weights are interchangeable with the included 8g fitted weights.
- Heavy Weight Stability – This feature provides a heavier putter head to increase MOI, providing more forgiveness and stability.
- CNC Milled – It is milled from 1025 mild carbon steel to provide amazing feel and precision.
- Additional Interchangeable Weights – The option between the additional two 3g weights and two 13g weights, with the adjustable tool, allows the golfer to dial in the perfect, personalized feel.
- Slant Neck Putter – The combination of a 60 degree toe hang in this putter is ideal for the golfer who has a slight arc in their putting stroke.