Get fast, free advice from Curate'ds Real Experts
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The TaylorMade Spider GT Notchback is a simple, clean mid mallet putter that is beautiful. It has a silver head with the red gold and black logo on the backside. It definitely has that "it" factor. It also is a very balanced putter and is designed where the backswing and follow through are easy to replicate time and time again. I found myself finding more and more confidence especially on those 5 foot putts as it was easy to repeat each stroke. Overall, I would recommend this putter to the mid to low handicapper as I think they would appreciate the weight distribution, feel, and overall performance of this putter the most.
- High MOI allows the putter to stay down and through on contact
- Oversized Super Stroke putting grip is tacky and has a great feel to it
- Soft putter face allows the ball to be felt on contact
- Mid-Mallet look might not be for everyone
The Taylormade Spider GT Notchback #3 Putter features a classic mid-mallet shape with a short-slant hosel. This setup with the short-slant hosel is ideal for the golfer that has moderate swing arc and face rotation, due to the 30 degrees of toe hang. The Spider is designed with Dual-Tungsten Weights for stability, to offer max forgiveness and stability. The Pure Roll face insert improves topspin across the putter face for smoother rolls of the golf ball. It is equipped with the Fluted Feel shaft to offer optimal feel and stability while tightening up dispersion on each putt.
- Dual-Tungsten Weights – These weights promote optimal forgiveness and stability for excellent performance results.
- Fluted Feel Shaft – This shaft allows the golfer to have more feel, more stability, and tightened dispersion on each putt.
- Pure Roll Insert – It is designed for increased topspin across the face, creating smoother rolls of the golf ball.