MSR Freelite 3 Person Tent
Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
Backpacking groups who want to keep the shared load light will love the 3-person Freelite, an ultralight and spacious 3-season shelter that nearly disappear between three packs.
The Inside: Even with a generous 1.09 metres (43 in.) of headroom, 10.2 cm more than the previous version, and the true rectangular floor (no foot taper like most other tents), the FreeLite is now 255 grams (9 oz.) lighter. The micromesh tent body provides excellent ventilation and has a waterproof bathtub-style floor to protect from the elements. Two no-curve tent doors keep you from having to crawl over your tent partner in the middle of the night, and feature new zippers that are more durable and easy to use with one hand. They also zip closed to a single point so you always know where to open the door, even in the dark. New tech-friendly pockets feature cable ports at the corners for headphone and charging cords. Overhead gear loft pockets are perfect for headlamps, sunglasses and other quick-access items.
The Outside: The semi-freestanding design of the FreeLite is easy and quick to set up. Super strong DAC NFL tent poles, a DuraShield waterproof coating and taped seams keep the weather where it belongs outside. The cutaway rainfly saves weight and features large vestibules for storing any gear you don't want inside. Easy in-and-out vestibule doors have StayDry rain gutters to keep water from dripping onto you and your gear.
The Bottom Line: The semi-freestanding FreeLite will give your backpacking trio the camp comfort you need after a long day on the trail at a weight you won't even notice.
- Lightweight: Minimum weight 1.07 kg (is 2 lbs. 6 oz).
- Livable: True rectangular floorplan and 1.09 m (43 in.) of head room; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear; interior pockets and overhead gear lofts.
- Waterproof: DuraShield-coated rainfly and floor and taped seams keep the elements outside where they belong.
- DAC NFL Poles: Super strong, lightweight aluminum tent poles stand up to use and the elements.
- Tech-Friendly Pockets: Cable ports on all pockets for easy cord management.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system and symmetrical design make setup super quick; ultra-compact stuff sack.
- Maximum Airflow: Micromesh tent body minimizes condensation and keeps out the bugs.
- Durable Details: Reinforced patches, stitching at guy points and locking anodized stake loop grommets for extra strength.
- Includes: Tent body, rainfly, poles, stakes, guy lines, stuff sack, setup instructions.