Smith Forefront 2 MIPS Helmet
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a cycling expert a question about this product
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a cheaper option?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What's a more premium option?
- Is this right for me?
- Ask your own question
The Smith Forefront 2 MIPS helmet is the high performing helmet for the discerning rider who wants top tier technology with style on the trail. The MIPS and Koroyd combined form a solid lightweight protection for impact. Plenty of ventilation provide the airflow for keeping the lenses free of fog. This very lightweight helmet fades away when riding as if it was not there. A dial allows for the complete fit and the 3 position visor gives options when climbing, descending and storing eyewear. Ride with style comfort and the top protection out on the trails with the Forefront 2.
- Great ventilation for warm and hot days.
- Lightweight protection and feels like it's not even there.
- Durable and long lasing materials make it a great investment.
- This helmet doesn't do well for cold weather rides by itself.
- Rain will act like a sponge in this helmet when it pours.
- Some eyewear is a little finicky to place properly without taking the helmet off.
Ready, set, send. This next generation of our award-winning Smith Forefront mountain bike helmet has your back (and front, and sides) thanks to MIPS® and complete Koroyd® impact protection. Designed to work with goggles or sunglasses, the helmet vents warm air, eliminating foggy lenses so you'll feel confident even if your line of sight is less than ideal. And when your palms start to sweat right before you drop in, you'll stay cool thanks to a full 20 vents that keep the air flowing. The visor adjusts for easy goggle storage between laps, and you can slide your glasses for secure storage on the front or back.
- Complete Koroyd® coverage for lightweight, energy-absorbing and ventilated impact protection
- MIPS® Brain Protection System reduces rotational forces caused by angled impacts to the head
- Integrated skeletal structure creates a roll cage for added strength and impact protection
- CPSC and CE EN 1078 certified
Fit / Integration
- Designed for ultimate integration with Smith performance eyewear and goggles for maximum comfort, venting and storage convenience
- AirEvac™ ventilation system integrates with Smith goggles and eyewear for fog-free lenses
- VaporFit™ dial adjustment system offers 270-degree fit adjustment with the turn of a dial
- 20 fixed vents for consistent airflow
- Three-position adjustable visor
- Ionic+® antimicrobial lining offers sweat-activated odor control
- Lightweight, low-bulk single-layer webbing
- Front and rear eyewear storage channels
- Camera and light mount compatible
This product is perfect for the average mountain biker that loves trail riding. The helmet does not protect the face or chin area, so I would not suggest this for more difficult trails or downhill parks. If protection is high on your priority for a bike helmet, this is the perfect option for you. The style of this helmet is also very good.
- The "honeycomb" shape helps keep bugs out of hair.
- Pro Protection: multiple added safety features.
- Pro fit: snug fit, spot for sunglasses to sit
- Waterproof con: will not prevent water from reaching head/hair
- Comfort con: cannot itch head through vent holes due to the "honeycomb" vents
- Not a lot of room for large sunglasses/glasses arms to fit along side of helmet
This is by far one of the most durable and comfortable helmets I've tried for mountain biking. It has a MIPS layer for reducing rotational trauma and the Koroyd sub layer which Smith claims is more durable than traditional foams. I could see that it's true, but the Koroyd hinders the helmet's ventilation so much that I felt like I was negatively impacted on my ride. I would say, you might like it, and on a cold day it would be just fine.
The built in visor is great and the helmet is lightweight and adjustable. I would consider checking it out, but also there's might be some more comfortable options.
- Full Koroyd liner is better than traditional foam materials.
- Mips for reduced rotational trauma.
- Incredibly durable and compact design.
- Ventilation is very lacking because of the Koroyd sub layer and really leaves something to be desired for the hot summer days.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations