Smith Convoy MIPS Helmet
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a cycling expert a question about this product
- Is this right for me?
- What's a cheaper option?
- What's a more premium option?
- What should I compare this to?
- Can you show me more like this?
The Smith Convoy MIPS is a pretty amazing helmet that balances quality features like Smith VaporFit and MIPS with an attractive price point. It is perfect for riders who are looking for their first offroad helmet and don't want to skimp on protection, or commuters and urban riders who want extra protection and like the off-road styling.
- MIPS system and mountain capability at a great price point
- VaporFit system to dial in to each rider's dimensions
- Visor blocks glare but can rotate for goggle storage
- Less ventilated than higher end options
The Smith Convoy MIPS Helmet is a mid-level helmet with advanced safety features that is ideal for paved or off-road riding. It's a great choice for riders who want premium safety and performance without a premium price tag. It’s available in a variety of colors to fit individual style as well.
- Eyewear Integration – The helmet is designed for easy integration with glasses and goggles.
- AirEvac Ventilation System – Multiple vents around the helmet move air through to keep the head cool.
- VaporFit Dial Adjustment System – This is a rotating dial that adjusts for the perfect fit for each rider.
I'm always seeming to need a new helmet because they get lost or dropped. So I usually always am buying the cheaper and more entry level models. So, the convoy caught my attention because something I also must have is MIPS. Overall, the helmet has plenty of great ventilation and it's lightweight. I love that it has a built in visor, too. While the helmet does provide more coverage on the back of the head compared to a standard road bike helmet, I did notice that it doesn't have as good of protection as some of the higher end mountain bike helmets that I was looking at. Overall though, I'm just going out to have fun and this helmet checked all the boxes, especially since it cost me less than $70 and has all the adjustability that I'm Iooking for.
- MIPS for reducing rotational trauma.
- Built-in visor and highly adjustable.
- Not as durable as expected because the shell does not cover all of the edges of the foam.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations