Garmin inReach Mini 2 · Flame Red
Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
I purchased a Garmin In Reach Mini last summer because I regularly do hikes, runs, and camping trips alone with my dog in areas without phone service. I wanted to be able to send a message or waypoints if I ever needed help, whether that's medical help, car trouble, or anything else. I have used it several times since then both in safety situations where I needed to know where the closest auto shop was, and in non-safety situations just to communicate to my partner where I was so he didn't worry about me being off on my own. I think it is an incredibly useful tool, and it's made outdoor adventures and camping trips all that more safe and easy to plan. It does require a monthly subscription, which is a turnoff to some. But I only pay $11 a month and still get full use of all the features.
- Small size makes it easy to pack on any trip
- Easy to use and send messages and waypoints - especially when connected to a phone
- Long battery life
- Requires a monthly subscription
- Hard to send longer messages without phone connection
- Requires some preparation and pre downloading of maps
This compact satellite communicator helps you keep home with you when you're off the grid adding peace of mind to every adventure, without adding weight to your pack.
- Global satellite coverage keeps you connected when cellphones can’t.
- In an emergency, send an interactive SOS message to our coordination center.
- You can still connect to the ones who matter, even without cellphone coverage.
- With TracBack® routing, find your way back if you happen to get lost.
- Expand the capabilities of your inReach device by using the Garmin Explore™ smart-device app.
- Stay on adventures longer with up to 14 days of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode.