Get free gear advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
The newly designed Cobra Forged Tec irons are a great addition to the players distance market.
The irons are a little sleeker, look better than the previous Forged Tec irons of 2020 and most importantly still feel explosive off the club face but also soft at impact and offer remarkably good front to back dispersion even when you don't quite strike the middle.
You don't get the jumpers that you sometimes get in other players distance irons or game improvement irons when hitting out of the sweet spot.
High launch and relatively low spin for lots of distance, these irons also might be the best sounding and feeling players distance iron I have had the pleasure of testing.
The fact these irons come in a little cheaper than other rival brand players distances irons also is a huge bonus and makes them even more appealing.
The addition of this set being offered in the black too as well as chrome, only enhances it's chances of being a big hit among the golf industry.
I would say these are ideal for mid or even low handicappers that want that look of a players iron in the bag but the added distance and forgiveness too.
- Strong and powerful off the club face yet soft feeling too
- Fantastic distance consistency even on off centered hits
- Beautiful design and one of longest players distance irons in it's category
- Slightly smaller club head design than previous version may intermediate some golfers
- May not offer enough spin for some players
The Cobra King Forged Tec 2022 Iron set is perfect for the player who is looking for a technologically advanced distance iron with extra forgiveness, all in a better players looking club. This club looks like a blade in the bag, but the closed back is hiding a ton of technology and playability.
- Forged Construction – The forged heads provide the softer, more solid feel that better players demand.
- Hollow, Multi Material Head – The head has a closed back cavity that is hollow and strategically filled with multiple materials. There is heavier tungsten in the heel and toe and lighter weight foam in the center. This provides more forgiveness in a more compact head.
- Thin PWRSHELL Face – Thinner, hotter face provides faster ball speeds for more distance and a higher launch.