CAPiTA Kazu Kokubo Pro Snowboard · 2023
- Free shipping
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a snowboarding expert a question about this product
- Is this right for me?
- What should I compare this to?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What's a more premium option?
- What's a cheaper option?
- Ask your own question
Amazing board that is absolutely fun in deep pow. Handles steep and technical terrain with ease. This is for the intermediate to expert rider who wants to challenge themselves with harder lines. I wouldn't recommend this to beginners but other than that this board is amazing. Also, definitely don't take this board to the park. It's your friend in the deep pow, not on rails.
- This product is best for the high speed charger who wants to dominate mountains.
- Take this to the steeps and the deeps
- Able to lay out clean and beautiful carves
- Not the most playful or fun in the park
Fast and powerful, this is the switchblade of powder boards, and it will slash the backcountry like no other. While many great powder boards are large and surfy, the Kazu Kokubo Pro comes in a compact chassis with a powder nose and a slightly tapered tail, making this award-winning series quick and maneuverable. This versatility is perfect for those side-country powder mornings when things get tracked and you end up back inside the resort boundaries for the remainder of the day. It unleashes maximum power through a redesigned Panda Hover Core™ with Bamboo Power Rods. It is loaded with high-end construction components like a Skinless™ Core Ash woodgrain topsheet, HyperDrive™ high-speed sintered base, and the proprietary Moonshot Pro Tune™ straight from The Mothership's space-age griding line. While it's a lofty goal, this board is your first step towards trying to emulate Kazu's legendary riding style.
Although this is a pow board it has become my daily driver because of its versatility. The quick and smooth edge to edge transitions makes it a blast in trees and moguls. This board has an amazing amount of stability to the point that if you take off a side hit with terrible technique and off balance this board can stick the landing. Another great feature that I have enjoyed is the stone ground base from Capita. This board is fast and getting 60+ mph is no problem with this board. Even though this is not a park board the amount of pop it has combined with how light the board is makes it a fun board for rotations and any sized jumps/side hits. Last but not least, the artwork on this board is one of my all time favorites. Every iteration of the Kazu Pro has had amazing artwork!
- Fast base with great stability at high speeds while still being damp and having plenty of pop
- Great flex and turn initiation that makes tight tree runs and moguls no problem
- very precise carver without being too catchy, also very stable on landing jumps
- The wood top sheet is prone too damage if someone taps it with their skis/board on the lift
- Edge hold on icy snow is sub par, there is no side cut disruption
- Switch is doable but not amazing
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations