Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a fishing expert a question about this product
- Can you show me more like this?
- Is this right for me?
- What's a more premium option?
- What should I compare this to?
- What's a cheaper option?
With an emphasis on quality, Daiwa's Tatula Baitcasting Reels are a great option for anglers who target bass using a wide variety of techniques. Its low profile accommodates anglers who prefer to palm their reels or who have smaller hands. With gear ratios of 6:3:1, 7:1:1, and 8:1:1, the reel is capable of performing well while using any number of different fishing techniques.
- T-Wing System - Daiwa's T-Wing line guide reduces friction on the cast, optimizing casting distance and accuracy.
- Aluminum Frame - The aluminum frame featured on the reel is strong and lightweight.
- Magforce Z Braking System - The Magforce braking system is easy to dial in for long casts while reducing overrun.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
This has quickly become one of the more popular reels! Smooth, attractive, and light, this reel is perfect for any and all inshore fishing saltwater or freshwater! Choose a high gear ratio (7:3:1) for crank baits like buzz baits, spoons, etc. with a high gear ratio each crank will gather more line so slower cranking will result in a high lure speed. The lower gear ratio (6:3:1) will be suitable for Grubs, jigs, twitch baits, worms, etc. where non stop cranking and lure speed is not an issue.
The Tatula is great for casting far and covering a lot of water due to its T-wing technology. The front bar drops down to open up a larger channel for line to leave the reel and increase casting distance.