Daiwa Saltist 2 Speed Lever Drag Conventional Reels
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
This reel is best used for beginners and the more average fisherman looking to get into big game fishing. Starting off with this reel for the more inshore and nearshore fish such as bonito, cobia, kingfish, and more is a great way to experience the all around versatility this reel offers. I had first gotten to test this reel out pier fishing for Kingfish in Wrightsville Beach, NC. And the reel had performed perfectly! I was able to set the hook and maintain perfect drag on a fight with a cobia bouncing a soft plastic off the bottom and mid-range water depth. I had dropped the gears to lower settings in order to have more control and pull more line each time. The drag system worked perfectly and had plenty of strength in build for a great fight!
The reel design is lightweight, made out of forged aluminum, with stainless steel gears that allow for least amount of corrosion possible. The gear ratio is set at 6.3:1 for your high speed fish that love to move fast and strike hard, and it also has a low gear of 3.1:1 for your more stubborn fish that do not run but try to hold themselves down. All and all, the reel is made for a diverse amount of applications and is great for beginning the transition into big game fishing.
- Fairly lightweight and with strong gears
- Perfect for nearshore and inshore fishing
- Great for beginners and intermediate fisherman
- Low monofilament line capacity
Saltist LD combines a compact, lever drag design with free-spool ability to easily toss live baits and hardware.
- Fast, One Touch gear shift
- Precision stainless steel gears, helical-cut for smooth, powerful winding
- Six CRBB Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings
- Ultimate Tournament carbon drag (UTD)
- Offset power handle with round speed knob
- Aluminum frame and left sideplate are one solid piece for unmatched strength
- Precision ratchet
- Machined aluminum spool
Great for inshore or near shore, this reel is extremely light and durable. The frame is constructed entirely of aluminium making it ridiculously light and easy to fish for long periods of time. Its got 22lbs of max drag making it an extremely powerful and dynamic small package conventional reel.
- extremely light
- good price
- strong drag
- sometimes when the drag is tightened it is more difficult to reel.
The Daiwa Saltist 2-Speed Lever Drag conventional reel lineup it versatile enough for use by surf, pier, standup boat casting, offshore jigging, and trolling for pelagics. This workhorse of a reel is a high-performance conventional reel featuring a high speed gear for quickly retrieving line from aggressive fish, and a low gear for wearing out stubborn sea monsters. This machined aluminum frame is lightweight, but rigid and this reel also features Daiwa's Ultimate Tournament Drag system for serious stopping power.
- -Sizes perfect for surf casting for stripers to offshore pelagics
- -Two-speeds for picking up line quickly from aggressive predators
- -Surf casting, pier use, standup boat jigging, casting or trolling
- -This is not intended for inshore species
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations