Rio Freshwater Leaders Powerflex Trout
- We price match
Get free gear advice from a fishing expert
Ask a fly fishing expert a question about this product
- What's a more premium option?
- What's a cheaper option?
- What should I compare this to?
- Can you show me more like this?
- Is this right for me?
The Rio Freshwater Leaders in Powerflex Trout are copolymer leaders that trout fly anglers would use. These leaders are designed with a powerful butt and a flexible soft tippet section making them ideal for most trout fishing situations. Available in lengths of 7.5 to 15 ft and sizes 0x to 7X tippet, most applications are covered.
- Perfection Loop At Butt – A hand-tied perfection loop at the butt end makes attachment to the fly line easy.
- Stiff Butt – The stiff butt allows for fly turnover and easier casting through the wind.
- Soft Tippet – This allows for gentler fly presentations and increased sensitivity.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations
This is a great length and size for your first leader. It will turn over well still provide good presentation with tippet tied below it. Nylon float well so it's great for dry fly fishing.
A leader will connect to your fly line on one end and you will attach a short length of tippet to the other. This is a great leader to use in all freshwater, and especially trout.
Make sure your tackle box has at least 5 of these. Use if for trout, and once it gets short enough, save them for bass and northern fishing.
Streamer fishing, also can be the foundation for building out a heavier nymph rig.
Great for all around trout fishing from nymphs to dry flies. Affordable.