Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
The Lamson Liquid fly reel is quite honestly the best reel in its price range. It has an over achieving, fully sealed conical disc drag system. This drag allows for very easy retrieval direction as well. It’s super large arbor design allows for extreme high speed line retrieval rates. The reel is a pressure die-cast aluminum reel making it more durable than a more die-cast aluminum reel but also still susceptible to dings and scratches as the aluminum is soft. The drag knob is kind of small making it harder to turn and adjust. The reel cage is also not a full cage design so thinner lines will catch between the reel cage and spool. The Lamson Liquid reel is definitely a reel id recommend to anyone looking for a great real that is extremely affordable.
- Best in class reel
- Completely sealed conical disc drag system
- Super Large arbor decision for high speed rate line retrieval
- Die Cast aluminum make up
- Line snag due to non full cage design
- Small drag knob
The Lamson Liquid Fly Reel is a unique and innovative pressure-cast aluminum fly reel. The casting manufacturing allows for different configurations that are not available with typical machined reels. The sealed conical disc drag is smooth and designed to protect fine tippets. This reel is available in 4 sizes to cover rod weight of 2-10wt. Fly fishermen of all skill levels would use this.
- Large Arbor – The large arbor aids with quicker line pick up and less line memory.
- U-Shaped Spool – This design allows for increased backing capacity.
- Drawstring Pouch – The reel comes with a drawstring pouch for safe storage when not in use.