The Curated Take
The Lamson Remix 3 pack fly reel is simply amazing! This reel is extremely durable and high quality. Made from machined bar stock aluminum its also a very light reel. The completely sealed conical disc drag system is unmatched in this price range. Having two extra spools for the reel is very beneficial to the fly angler who likes to use multiples types of fly line. The lake angler receives the most benefit from this reel pack as they can carry 3 different fly line types all at once and cover all depths of the strike zone of a lake. The spools are extremely easy to change out as well with just a little pull of the spool away from the reel cage with your fingertips. The reel finish does scratch pretty easily but is very hard to ding up or bend. The drag knob is slightly small, making it a little harder to turn. I’d recommend the Lamson Remix 3 pack fly reel to any fly fisher who wants one reel to work for multiple types of fly line and who are looking for a lightweight extremely durable reel.
- Fully Sealed Conical Disc Drag System
- Fully Machined bar stock aluminum
- Extra spools are extremely beneficial
- Small drag knob
- Finish does scratch and ding
- Reel is not a full cage design
The Lamson Remix 3 Pack Fly Reel and 2 Spare Spools is a disc drag reel and 2 spools designed to be a budget-friendly option for anglers needing extra spools for their fishing situation. The reel frame is machined from bar stock aluminum and anodized to add strength and durability. The spool is also made from aluminum but is cast rather than machined. The conical sealed drag provides stopping power to handle large fish. Available in 4 sizes, this reel will accommodate rod weights of 2-10. A padded case is included for safe storage when not in use.
- Spool Interchangeability – The Remix spools are also compatible with the Lamson Liquid reel so anglers have even more options when putting their setups together.
- Large Arbor Spool – The large arbor spool assists with quicker line pick up and also reduces line memory to help prevent line tangles.
- U Style Spool – The U shape of the spool allows space for ample backing and fly line.