Sage R8 Core Fly Rod
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
Select a configuration to see prices from other sites. See a lower price? Let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Sage R8 Core Fly Rod is a fast-action fly rod designed for multiple applications. Built with R8 core technology, this rod features a two-way feedback loop for increased sensitivity during all aspects of the casting stroke. Zircotta wood (3-5wts) or corrosion resistant aluminum (5-9wts) up-locking reel seats secure the reel to the rod. This rod would be used by intermediate to advanced anglers.
- Lifetime Warranty – This rod comes with a lifetime warranty against breakage and defects.
- Protective Case – Includes an aluminum rod tube and rod sock to protect the rod while not in use. The rod sock has a cord lock for quick and easy storage.
- Hard Chromed Snake Guides – The lightweight line guides assist with line management.
- 3wt 9ft (R8 Core 390-4) is a great rod for ultralight situations or small streams.
- 4wt 8ft 6in (R8 Core 486-4) is a trout rod for smaller streams.
- 4wt 9ft (R8 Core 490-4) is a rod for trout fishing.
- 4wt 10ft (R8 Core 4100-4) is a trout rod for longer casting and easier line management.
- 5wt 8ft 6in (R8 Core 586-4) is a trout rod for small to medium streams.
- 5wt 9ft (R8 Core 590-4) is an all-around trout rod.
- 5wt 9ft 6in (R8 Core 596-4FB) is a trout rod with extra length for extra casting distance. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 5wt 10ft (R8 Core 5100-4FB) is a trout rod for larger bodies of water. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 6wt 9ft (R8 Core 690-4) is a trout rod for larger streams or throwing streamers.
- 6wt 9ft (R8 Core 690-4FB) is designed for streamer fishermen. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 6wt 9ft 6in (R8 Core 696-4FB) is ideal for throwing streamers or larger flies in larger streams. This rod has a fighting butt.
- 6wt 10ft (R8 Core 6100-4FB) is a trout rod designed for larger bodies of water and ease in line mending.
- 7wt 9ft (R8 Core 790-4) is good for throwing larger streamers, or bass fishing.
- 7wt 9ft 6in (R8 Core 796-4) is designed for steelhead fisherman using indicators.
- 7wt 10ft (R8 Core 7100-4) is good for bass fishing and throwing larger flies.
- 8wt 9ft (R8 Core 890-4) is good option for stripers, bonefish, or bass.
- 8wt 9ft 6in (R8 Core 896-4) is a good rod for throwing heavy sinking lines for stripers or other saltwater applications.
- 8wt 10ft (R8 Core 8100-4) is a good beach rod for stripers or other saltwater species.
- 9wt 9ft (R8 Core 990-4) is ideal for larger fish such as permit and stripers.