The Curated Take
The Taylormade TP5x golf ball is one of the best performing distance golf balls on the market. At the top price of the market, you get one of the longest carrying balls off the tee you can find. Piercing ball flight on the tee and the ability to knock down wedge shots enables you to hit all the shots you will need. The PIX pattern design will help align and drop more putts. Anyone who struggles with putting alignment can benefit from the PIX golf ball because of its alignment design to line up putts better. Watch out for approaches into greens since this ball is not designed for additional spin so extra roll out should be accounted for. This USA edition golf ball will also help bring patriotic spirit to the course!
- Great for maximizing distance in a golf ball
- Low spinning piercing ball flight of the tee
- Powerful ball speed out of the rough
- Not the most durable ball for players to can play a lot of holes with one ball
- Not a golf ball for players looking for spin
Using advanced visual technology, TP5x pix USA is the ultimate crossroads of high-level performance and patriotic pride.
Strategically placed USA graphics frame the TaylorMade logo to form ClearPath Alignment™ and provide immediate feedback. The Tour-proven functionality aids alignment on the green and helps you gauge the quality of your putting stroke.
- ClearPath Alignment™: Strategically placed graphics frame the TaylorMade logo to form ClearPath Alignment™ and provide immediate feedback once the ball is rolling. This proven technology is designed to aid alignment on the green and help you gauge the quality of your putting stroke. It can also be a powerful practice tool, benefitting face angle and alignment at address as well as roll consistency.
- Multi-Color Pattern: The 12 evenly spaced multi-color graphics form a pattern that makes pix™ easier to see in different light conditions while enhancing overall visibility and alignment.
- Co-Developed by Rickie Fowler: A year-long collaboration with Rickie Fowler resulted in the creation of pix™. His vital feedback led to the development of ClearPath Alignment™ and the unique color pattern.
- New Tour Flight Dimple Pattern: This aerodynamic dimple pattern produces explosive carry distances. The unique design 322-dimple pattern features a shallow overall dimple to reduce drag during ascent, with steep walls to trap air during descent in order to maintain lift and keep the ball airborne for longer.
- 5-Layer Construction: The key to achieving enhanced speed without negatively affecting spin performance comes from TaylorMade’s proprietary 5-layer ball construction. Including a Tri-Fast Core that delivers maximum carry and low drag and a Dual-Spin Cover that features a soft, highly durable cast urethane cover, TP5x offers complete tee-to-green performance without sacrifice. The ultimate result is a ball that promotes a fast launch, maximum carry distances and a steep angle of descent for extra stopping power – especially on long irons.
- Speed-Layer System: The Speed-Layer System is comprised of four increasingly stiff layers to produce more ball speed. The result is more carry distance off the tee, more control in the wind, and more spin around the greens.
- High-Flex Material (HFM): TP5x features a material called HFM (High-Flex Material), delivering higher ball speeds through a greater rebound effect. HFM acts like a tightly wound spring that builds energy and rebounds quickly, generating more ball speed.