The Curated Take
I have a love-hate relationship with the Rocket Espresso Faustino Espresso Grinder. On the one hand, I love how it looks and even more that it matches the Appartamento. I also love how quiet it is. What I don’t love is the value for the price - and the finicky touch-screen. But more below.
In terms of aesthetics, there’s no secret that it looks good. In more ways than one, it's the perfect pairing with the Appartamento. And the touch screen makes it feel super modern. And in terms of performance, it’ll do just fine for a home grinder. It’s not the fastest grinder in the world but delivers consistent grinds.
What I DON'T like is that you only get 50mm burrs for the price. (For comparison, the Eureka Silenzio has 50mm burrs, and it's $479.) And the touch-screen wasn’t perfect. Aesthetically, I loved it, but it didn't always respond like you’d want it to. Sometimes, you’d have to press the screen 3-4 times before it would respond like you wanted.
At the end of the day, it will perform well as a home grinder. If you love how it looks and can get past the things I mentioned above, then I think you’ll ultimately be happy with this grinder.
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Super quiet
- Good grind consistency
- Expensive for the burr size
- Finicky touch screen
The Rocket Espresso Faustino is Rocket Espresso's entry-level espresso grinder that pairs well with the Rocket Appartamento or any entry-level espresso machine. It's great for someone who wants a compact-sized and quiet grinder. It will fit under most kitchen cabinets and is insulated to keep quiet. The Faustino's combination of 50mm steel flat burrs, minimal static grind chute, and dosing cone allows for easy filling of the portafilter.
- Precision Grind Adjustment – For stepless and near infinite adjustment, use the adjustment knob to dial in precise grind size.
- Touch Screen Display – Then grinder includes an easy-to-use touch screen display for adjusting timed doses and infinite grind adjustment.
- Very Quiet – This is one of the quieter espresso grinders on the market with minimal noise.
- Large Bean Hopper – The Rocket Faustino can hold up to 1.5lbs of coffee beans for maximum bean storage.
- Programmable Dosing – Save custom timed settings for single and double shots as well as a manual option for grinding by using the high-contrast touch screen display.