The Curated Take
Considering I've used many different espresso machines over the years the Ascaso Uno was easy to set up and start making drinks right away. Once I was able to get my grind optimized, pulling shots of espresso and steaming milk was pretty easy. I do prefer my shots to run manually and the Uno is really meant to be dialed in and stop automatically. For many people this is convenient but I'd prefer a manual switch to be included. Thermoblock heated machine(instead of a boiler) and I was really impressed with the steam it produced. There is a one hole steam tip and at first I was worried about getting great micro foam, but it wasn't a problem and did a great job swirling the milk into a vortex. The only thing about the steam is that it took about a minute to heat up after pulling a shot. I have to pull my shots before steaming milk, so there is a wait time... Pre-infusion worked great and the included pressurized filter baskets are convenient if dialing in that grind size isn't important. Non-pressurized baskets also included! Overall, I really enjoyed using this machine and the shot timer was very useful!
- Quick heat up time with the thermoblock
- Milk frothing is great for beginners with a good vortex yet not too powerful to allow time to incorporate air
- built in shot clock is great fro dialing in shots
- Transitioning from brew to steam takes about 1 minute
- Wooden handle on the portafilter feels too light
- Water reservoir is pretty small and needs to be refilled often if used for more than two people
The STEEL range goes one step further and transcends home use. It is a semi-professional coffee machine for home, offices, and even the hospitality channel. The vintage industrial look will become the centerpiece of any kitchen. The newest version of the Steel UNO PID includes a bevy of professional upgrades including improved volumetric controls, professional 58mm portafilter size, adjustable over-pressure valve, analog pressure gauge, improved no-burn steam wand, and thermoblock insulation. The Steel UNO's new PID also includes advanced features like temperature and offset control, pre-infusion, power-saving modes, and single or double shot programming. The Steel UNO PID is the perfect set up for the home barista!
Electronic Group Temperature Control
- Digitally displayed PID temperature control adjustable in one-degree increments.
- Adjustable OPV (over pressure valve).
- Electronic steam control with an advanced no-burn steam wand.
- Volumetric programmable settings for preinfusion, single shot, double shot, and auto-standby, The enhanced volumetric controls make it easier to produce and repeat a consistently good quality espresso.
Quality Build with Professional Materials
- 12-Month Warranty: we guarantee all products against defects caused by faulty workmanship and materials for twelve months of domestic use from the date of purchase (purchased from 2020).
- 5-Year Warranty: we guarantee all thermoblock boilers and groups against defects caused by faulty workmanship and materials for 5-years of domestic use from the purchase date (purchased from 2020).
- The Steel UNO PID body is manufactured in powder-coated carbon steel and polished stainless steel.
- 58mm professional portafilter features a real walnut wood handle with an ergonomic and aesthetically pleasing design to complement any home kitchen.
Powerful Steam and Clean Hot Water
- The new aluminum & stainless steel thermoblock group guarantees continuous, unlimited steam with constant pressure and provides enhanced stability and minimal energy consumption.
- Limescale will not build up in the stainless steel thermoblock circuits leading to a longer-lasting machine.
- Freshwater is drawn for every espresso shot to ensure the best quality every time.
- 100% food-safe AISI 316 stainless steel water circuit means no metal migration in your water.
Professional Baskets and Compliments
- Each Steel UNO PID includes 5 professional baskets (2 traditional, 2 pressurized, and 1 monodose ESE), 1 stainless steel tamper, 1 blank basket for backflushing, and 1 walnut wood portafilter handle.