Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
The Flair Pro 2 is a great option for those who want to make manual espresso at home but aren't looking to spend a ton of money. Before using this machine, I had only used semi-automatic machines - this was my first time using a manual espresso machine. It was relatively straightforward to set up, and I even got a nice shot of espresso my first time around! This is a great espresso maker for someone who likes to tinker around - if you're looking for an easy way to get espresso in the mornings, this isn't the machine for you - but if you're looking to have full and total control over your espresso, this is great! I had previously read about the Flairs having heat retention problems, but as long as you preheat it (pour hot water in it for 30 seconds) - the heat retention isn't an issue whatsoever. I do wish that the unit fit together a little more snugly - the top piece moves around in the base a little bit. It's also a little awkward to press down at pressure for the entire shot length consistently - you do have to readjust. That being said, the shots are quite tasty, even with some of these minor issues. Stellar manual espresso machine and the sweet spot in the Flair line-up.
- Inexpensive manual espresso
- Full control over espresso
- Great heat retention
- Setup can be fussy
- Stays quite hot for a while after use
- Takes a good amount of effort to keep consistent pressure
The Flair Espresso Flair Pro 2 Espresso Maker is a manual espresso machine for the casual barista. The Flair Pro 2 has an integrated pressure gauge, an expandable capacity for proper ratios, and a two-piece drip tray.
- Easy Flow – The Flair Pro 2 is constructed with a new and improved bottomless portafilter for better flow dynamics.
- Durability – This machine features durable stainless steel construction and precision-placed silicone protective wrapping for improved durability.
- Portable – This machine is compact and lightweight at 7lbs, offering ease of portability, especially with the included case.