Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
We haven't found this product listed elsewhere. If you find a lower price, let your expert know - we'll match it!Check out our Price Match Policy
The Curated Take
After using the Breville Barista Express for some time, I wanted more granular control over the espresso brewing process but didn't want to spend a fortune. The Flair 58 is the perfect solution.
The Flair 58 features a 58mm brew group. The brew head is electrically heated and has 3 adjustable temperature settings (85˚C, 90˚C, and 95˚C). This allows the 58 to adapt to a wide variety of roast types. The current 58 features a new valve plunger that simplifies workflow by keeping it in place during filling. Also included is a pressure gauge, a bottomless portafilter, and a tamper. The overall build quality is good. The frame has a black powder-coated finish and wood accents on the handle.
With the 58, the workflow is more involved than with a normal pump machine. I must boil water in a separate kettle and pre-heat the brew head before pulling a shot. Filling the brew head requires some technique. With the piston down, the valve plunger needs to be open so that water can displace air; otherwise, it can be trapped and reduce water volume.
Pulling a shot requires surprisingly much effort to reach 9 bars. It also helps to have a shot mirror to gauge how the espresso flows out of the basket and adjust grind settings/dose if needed. So far, I have yet to pull an undrinkable shot.
Some of the drawbacks of the 58 are cable management, kitchen cabinet clearance, and the inability to steam milk.
- Full control of the extraction process
- The ability to create different pressure profiles
- Temperature Control
- Requires space to operate the lever
- Cannot steam milk
- Workflow can be complicated
The Flair Espresso Flair 58 Manual Coffee Espresso machine is the perfect tool for coffee enthusiasts who want to enjoy café-quality espresso at home. This fully-manual, professional-grade lever press allows for precise brew variable control and immediate feedback while brewing, allowing for real-time adjustments. With a temperature preheat controller and consistent thermal management of your brew inputs, you can choose from three temperature settings to match your brewing preference and maintain your brew chamber preheat for multiple extractions.
- Handcraft café-quality espresso at home with this fully-manual, professional-grade lever press
- Integrated pressure gauge allows for precise brew variable control and immediate feedback while brewing
- Temperature preheat controller ensures consistent thermal management of your brew inputs
- Choose from three temperature settings to match your brewing preference
- Maintain your brew chamber preheat for multiple extractions
Professional Grade 58mm Barista Portafilter:
The wooden handle provides advanced ergonomics while allowing you to use any standard 58mm portafilter basket, tamping & distribution tools. The mirror dialing-in process of the specialty coffee industry ensures that you get the perfect shot every time.
- Wooden handle provides advanced ergonomics
- Use any standard 58mm portafilter basket, tamping & distribution tools
- Mirror dialing-in process of specialty coffee industry
The wide base provides stability during extractions while the elongated lever makes it easy to pull at higher pressures. The T-grip offers comfort and control during use. The advanced mechanical workflow allows for rapid-fire extractions.
- Wide base provides stability during extractions
- Elongated lever makes it easy to pull at higher pressures -T-grip offers comfort and control during use Advanced mechanical workflow allows for rapid-fire extractions
Premium Build with Elegant Finishes:
This machine is built with stainless steel components for a plastic-free brew path and a die-cast aluminum frame to withstand years of extractions. The metal components are backed by a limited 5-year warranty, and the deluxe wooden accents add an elegant touch.
- Stainless steel components for a plastic-free brew path
- Die-cast aluminum frame to withstand years of extractions
- Metal components backed by limited 5-year warranty
- Deluxe wooden accents