The Curated Take
These boots are really stiff and provide amazing responsiveness for immediate turn initiation and powder transfer. Perfect boots for aggressive freeriders who ride with a lot of speed and carve hard as these boots really help to get the board up on edge and keep it locked in through the carve. Triple BOA provides some of the best adjustability you can get. A separate BOA for upper boot, lower boot, and the inner ankle harness to lock the heel in, there is pretty much infinite adjustability and provide some of the best heel hold on the market. Vibram sole is super grippy and durable. Great warmth and waterproofing so don't have to worry about cold feet on storm days or in the backcountry. These are really comfortable boots that can keep the feet feeling good on long and hard days on the mountain, but they are really stiff, so won't have the extra flex for easy walking. And these boots aren't going to be tweaking in the park, so not a versatile all-mountain boot, they are more for the hard chargers.
- Freeriding and carving
- Speed and steep terrain
- Versatility- Due to stiffness, these boots are only good for hard charging. Not a boot to take to the park.
The K2 Thraxis Snowboard Boots are the ultimate choice for riders who demand supreme fit, technical features, and ultimate response. These boots are designed to provide the most supportive and stiffest flexing experience in our collection. With the Zonal BOA® Fit System, riders can micro-adjust their boot fit and eliminate heel lift with ease. The liner is composed of multiple densities of heat-moldable Intuition® foam that can be re-molded time and time again to achieve a perfect fit throughout the boot's life.
- Zonal BOA® Fit System: The Thraxis' Zonal BOA® Fit System features three BOA® dials that allow for micro-adjustment of the boot's fit. Two dials target zonal exterior lacing while one controls K2's Conda™ liner lacing system.
- Vibram® V5 Outsole: The ALL-NEW Vibram® V5 outsole provides unmatched traction in the boot pack and is made using at least 30% recycled rubber through the Vibram® Ecostep program.
- Intuition Foam Liner: The liner is composed of multiple densities of heat-moldable Intuition foam that can be re-molded time and time again to achieve a perfect fit throughout the boot's life.
- Harshmellow™ Midsole: Underfoot, the midsole combines a lightweight and stable EVA with Harshmellow™ technology that helps absorb impact, increase damping, and provide a “quieter” feel while snowboarding.
- Spaceheater™ Material: The liner is lined with our breathable and heat-reflecting Spaceheater™ material, keeping riders warm and dry all day long.