The Curated Take
The K2 Reckoner 112 is the optimal ski to be on when it is snowing. Its design of a fat shovel tip, lightweight build in the core, and 112 millimeters underfoot make for a trustworthy ski for any snowstorm. The Reckoner 112 performs well off-piste and plows through any sort of chopped-up snow in its way. Intermediate to Advanced skiers looking to add a stable yet playful ski to their quiver should look no further. There is no metal in the core build of this ski, making it significantly more lightweight than similar powder skis, around 112mm underfoot. Some of my favorite East Coast powder days have been on this ski, thick or thin. It is an enjoyable ski with just the right amount of flex in the tip and tail to be playful and fun in snow conditions. It remains stable and stiffer underfoot, allowing a comfortable ride at top speed. This is a truly versatile ski that can jib and jump around the mountain with confidence as well. The Reckoner 112 is one of the most fun skis within its class of versatile powder skis.
- Stable ski at speed, yet remains flexible and fun
- Wide shovel tip allows for floatation in any snow depth
- Best for when the snow is falling and reliable performance on variable or chopped up snow
- Wide waist width makes quick edge control hard on groomers
- Avoid hardpack snow with this ski
The K2 Reckoner 112 is a versatile all-mountain twin tip with a 7/10 flex, designed for any occasion. Skiers looking for a fun and stable ride in the powder and around the mountain will find the Reckoner 112s a great fit. This ski can slash, ride pillows, jump with confidence, float on top of deep snow, and will charge hard through any conditions or snowpack. This ski provides everything needed for any adventure on the mountain.
- All-Terrain Twin Rocker – All-terrain twin rocker is a gradual extended rise at the tip and tail for added versatility and control in all conditions with twin-tipped skis.
- Fir/Aspen Double Barrel Core – The backbone of ski cores within K2's park and pipe collection, the core combines a dense Fir core over the edges for power and impact resistance, with a lighter aspen center core for a lively energetic feel.
- Spectral Braid – The spectral braid helps with torsion control in the ski; It acts as angle reinforcement that allows for precision-tuned torsion and flex by altering the fiber orientation along the length of the ski.