The Curated Take
The K2 instrument is a great choice for an intermediate rider looking for a one board quiver. It can tackle pretty much everything you throw at it. It has exceled for me in the trees but I have taken it pretty much everywhere. It has mellow camber and a lot of rise before the nose, so it doesn't feel too "locked in" or "catchy" but still has great edge hold. Even with its directional shape I find riding switch on the instrument still feels very natural. While it is not a true hill bomber, it still feels very damp/steady at speed. The only thing I wish is that is board had a bit more pop to play around in the park. Overall, it is a Jack of all trades which makes it perfect for a one board quiver.
- All condition directional board
- Intermediate friendly
- Great carving ability
- Less pop than some other K2 boards
The K2 Instrument Snowboard is the perfect tool for those who love to improvise on the mountain. With a traditional camber line and Volume Shift™ design, this directional model allows you to lay trenches on groomers while remaining responsive. The board features a longer radius in the tip for easy turn initiation and a deeper sidecut underfoot for hard arcing turns. The .75” inch (1.9 cm) setback and 20mm of taper help it plane out in deep snow.
- Sintered 4000 Base with Full 360-Degree Wrap Steel Edge.
- Bambooyah™ Core for Durability and Dampness Underfoot.
- Carbon Torque Forks™ for Responsive Power Transfer.
- ICG™ 10 Biax Fiberglass with Tip-to-Tail Carbon Stringers for Chatter Reduction.