The Curated Take
I recently purchased these skis on a screaming deal, knowing that they were considered more “entry-level” skis than a lot of their Mindbender cousins, but thinking ehh for the price can’t beat it. Don’t sleep on these skis!!! I am not a huge fan of skis with metal, so finding groomer skis I love is tough, but these are perfect. Go up a size from your normal length, and you’re going to be just as aggressive out there as anyone! I’ve been so impressed with the stability at speed, ease of turns, and just hard-charging fun on these. Absolutely a ski ready to rip
- Ripping groomers and hard pack
- Being fast on the mountain
- Easy turn initiation
- Not super playful
- Tougher at low speeds
- Go longer on length
The K2 Mindbender 85 Skis are designed for those who want to start to adventure beyond groomed terrain. They have a shorter turning radius, a forgiving build, and are lightweight skis, which will easily allow for confidence-building for intermediate skiers and beyond. These skis will remain trustworthy for riders while their abilities progress.
- All Terrain Rocker – The all-terrain rocker in the Mindbender 85 is a gradual rise in the tip, with a shorter section of rocker in the tail for greater versatility in all conditions.
- Aspen Veneer Core – Lightweight Aspen wood in the core of this ski fine tunes energy, power, and ability to rebound quickly while turning.
- Flexible and Forgiving – With a stated 5/10 flex, this ski is forgiving, easy to turn with, and has an intuitive nature when skied.