The Curated Take
The K2 Mindbender 99ti is a perfect all mountain, crud busting, groomer ripping, mogul mobbing, powder blasting machine for the hard charging skier that wants one ski to do it all. K2 really hits the mark of delivering power with just enough forgiveness to make these fun in any conditions.
The special sauce is the Y shaped sheet of titinal does exactly what you think it does when transferring edge to edge, giving it a superb grip and responsiveness. These cutaways in combo with just enough rocker in the profile, leaves the tips and tails with a lighter swing weight and more forgiving turn initiation and release.
They're by definition not a playful ski. They're very directional and stiff. They don't want to go into the terrain park and they preferred to be skied by someone who can drive them. This is not the ski for someone who's just getting their technical legs or for loosey goosey smearing around the mountain.
The outstanding graphics on the top sheet really take these to the next level. You should like the way your skis look and you should get excited every time you look at them. I did notice on the demos a tendency for the topsheets to get little curls of plastic peeling away on the edges but it's not a deal breaker for me as that behavior from the material helps prevent large chipping and chunks from being torn out of them.
- This ski is very stable at high speeds with good dampening
- This ski is versatile to all mountain and a variety of conditions from hard pack to powder
- This ski has a quick turning radius that really fun to lay over and carve
- This ski is gear towards advanced skiers, progressing beginner and intermediates may feel overpowered
- The top sheet tends to have a few curls material peel off the edges but avoids significant chipping
- This is not a playful ski to butter and smear around. It's too burly and directional to do well in the park.
The K2 Mindbender 99Ti Skis for women are the perfect choice for those who demand complete versatility on the mountain. With Titanal Y-Beam construction, these skis offer a damp and stable ride even at high speeds and in choppy conditions. The All-Terrain Rocker provides added control and agility, making them ideal for navigating tight spots. These skis are designed to maintain their big mountain power while still being versatile enough to handle any terrain.
- Titanal Y-Beam construction provides a damp and stable ride even at high speeds.
- All-Terrain Rocker delivers added control and agility for navigating tight spots.
- Versatile width allows these skis to maintain their big mountain power while still being suitable for all terrains.