Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
This product is great for someone who loves skiing, in the resort and in the backcountry, but doesn't have enough space or doesn't wanna spend the money for 2 setups. The boot liner did tear after a few uses, however K2's warranty department was wonderful and there were new liners sitting on my front porch less than a week later! They are stiff enough to allow you to command your skis, but not so stiff that they become uncomfortable over bumps. I've used these boots at Bridger Bowl and Big Sky, as well as in the backcountry of the Bozeman area, and I can say with confidence that there isn't a much more versatile boot on the market.
- An "All in one" boot, ripping the resort, then getting off into the backcountry the following day.
- Someone who wants a strong boot, but a controllable one as well
- Super Explosive boot, ready for any terrain it's put on
- Snow can get caught in the walk mode clips.
- The liners can rip
- NOT a pure ski touring boot, on the heavier side.
The K2 Mindbender 120 LV boot is a great option for hard-charging skiers looking for a boot that is home in and out of the resort. LV stands for Low Volume, so these boots are built for feet that are on the narrow side, or for skiers who really like a "Performance Fit." Soles are equipped with "GripWalk" and the cuff can be unlocked for hiking/touring/walking, which allows for cruising the lodge without looking like a zombie. Like most boots, the Mindbenders are equipped with heat-moldable liners, but K2 has taken the next step by making the shell heat-moldable as well to create the perfect fit. 120 Flex is on the high end of the stiff spectrum, so they are plenty stiff enough for strong skiers, big skis, and aggressive lines.
- Binding Compatibility - The boots are compatible with ISO GripWalk bindings, as well as backcountry Tech bindings.
- Ski/Hike Mode - This added feature gives ankles the freedom of 50 degrees of fore/aft movement for walking and skinning.
- Cam-Locking Power Strap - This high-cuff strap works like a fifth buckle for added support and performance.
- 120 Flex Index - This boot is stiff enough to ski hard and fast over any kind of terrain.