The Curated Take
The K2 Mindbender 130 LV is truly a do it all boot that offers out of the box comfort. I knew when I first tried these on that they were going to treat my feet well. Even after the "break in" period my feet felt comfortable, warm, and locked in.
These boots feature 4 buckles, a power strap, and a large "walk mode" lever that makes it easy to switch between walk mode and ski mode, providing 50 degree range of motion. The liners are heat moldable, so you can dial in your fit. Tech fittings let you use these boots in virtually any binding from standard alpine to tech AT bindings.
I used these boots everywhere from the resort to big backcountry days. While these boots offer supreme comfort and fit in a lightweight package, there are some drawbacks I encountered. My biggest issue with this boot was durability. Over the course of a season, I had a few components fail and the liners started to wear down. While K2 does have a great warranty program, the durability issues were still an inconvenience. I would not recommend these to someone that is really hard on their gear like I am. But for the majority of skiers, these boots will be amazing. I did find the flex to be a bit soft, especially for a 130 flex, but the flex pattern was pleasantly smooth and consistent.
- A true low volume fit with great heel hold and a comfortable fit all around.
- Great both in the resort and the backcountry.
- Light weight and easy to take on and off.
- Not the most durable boots.
- Soft for a 130 flex boot.
The K2 Mindbender 130 LV Ski Boots are the ultimate freeride boots for those who want to take on any terrain. With a heat-moldable Powerlite shell, Friction Free Cuff Pivot, tech fittings, and a burly 130 flex, these boots are designed to handle both chairlift-assisted and human-powered endeavors. When it's time to venture beyond the resort, simply flip the Powerlock Spyne into walk mode and enjoy an impressive 50-degree range of motion as you power uphill to your next objective.
- Heat-moldable Powerlite shell for a customized fit.
- Friction Free Cuff Pivot for smooth and efficient movement.
- Tech fittings for compatibility with alpine touring bindings.
- Burly 130 flex for maximum power transfer.
- Powerlock Spyne allows easy transition from ski mode to walk mode.