K2 Excavator Snowboard · 2023
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a snowboarding expert a question about this product
- What bindings work well with this board?
- What terrain is this board best on?
- Is this right for me?
- How do I choose the right size?
- Can you show me more like this?
The 2023 K2 Excavator Snowboard is a unisex option for ripping down groomed slopes, snaking through the trees, or handling the deepest of days. The Excavator was made with the advanced snowboarder in mind. The more comprehensive profile allows the rider to size down 5cm from their usual length without any sacrifice. The more comprehensive profile and 20mm of taper can be beneficial to the snowboarder who has a larger boot size, making sure the toes and heels aren't getting caught up in those long, deep carves. This board is a volume shifted, directional board with a combination camber profile and 7 out of 10 flex.
- Smooth-flexing S1 core – This core construction keeps it responsive yet damp, interlaced with ICG™ carbon stringers to keep the board relaxed torsionally, but able to provide a little extra snap.
- Carbon Power Forks™ – Located in the tail are Carbon Power Forks, to allow for more pop and response when loading into an ollie.
- Wax-Infused Sintered 4001 Base – Top-of-the-line base makes the Excavator extremely durable, friendly to waxes, and compliments the already durable P-Tex sidewalls and the SnoPhobic™ top sheet.
This was the first volume shifted board I purchased for myself. I was skeptical to say the least. Immediately after strapping in I noticed how fast the sintered base was even on wet/subpar snow conditions. Once I was at speed I was blown away by how energetic and snappy the Excavator was. I love the feel of the added carbon fiber in the tail for stability while popping off side hits. Despite the super wide nose this thing loves to turn. I plan on using this deck for some banked slalom races this season. Personally, I sized down 6cm to the 154 cm and I love it! The one thing I would add to the board is added contact points at the bindings. I think this would help with edge hold for people who don't have a ton of experience on shaper boards. Other than that this thing is rad. Perfect for trees, pow, groomers, and everything between.
- Perfect all mountain volume shifted board
- 20mm of taper makes it quick edge to edge
- Huge shovel nose floats great in powder
- Traditional camber may be too aggressive for beginners
- The carbon layup stiffens the board torsionally so this board is gear toward advanced riders
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations