Look Pivot 12 GW Ski Bindings · 2023
- We price match
Get free gear advice from an expert
Ask a ski expert a question about this product
- Is this right for me?
- What are the best skis for these bindings?
- What boots go with these bindings?
- How do I choose the right size?
- Can you show me more like this?
The Look Pivot 12 is the answer for the lightweight to standard-sized expert skier who prioritizes safety above all else. The Look Pivot gets its name from the unique "pivot" ability of the heel piece. This heel piece allows for a more elastic travel when torsional forces are applied, preventing pre-release. I found this binding to be significantly easier to click into compared to its competitors. The only downside is this binding is not uphill capable. If looking for a resort binding, look no further than the Look Pivot!
- Phenomenal safety thanks to the heel "pivot"
- Strong power transfer
- Easy to click into
- Not uphill capable
The Look Pivot 12 GW features all the tech of the Pivot 18 series, which is a favorite among freeride and freestyle skiers. The only difference is a reduction in the maximum DIN setting. This binding is ideal for an introductory park setup, or for the knee-conscious skier. The rotational heel piece helps prevent knee injuries and is the claim to fame for this binding. With lots of elasticity in the toe and heel, the chance of pre-releases is reduced.
- Maximum DIN of 12 – With a DIN range of 4 to 12, the pressure may not be able to be cranked down hard, but they can handle just about anything for beginner to intermediate park skiers. They perform well for the conventional alpine skier at all skill levels.
- Turntable Heel – The turntable heel pivots directly under the heel and tibia, ensuring a safer and more natural release from the skis.
- High Elasticity – Both the toe and heel pieces of this binding have huge elasticity, making it much less likely to release from the skis at unwanted times like hard turns or recoverable landings.
- GripWalk Compatible – This binding is compatible with Alpine DIN (ISO 5355) and Gripwalk Soles (ISO 23223).
For years I listened to friends and fellow snow sliders rave about the Look Pivot binding. For years I thought they couldn't be all that great; they're all just bindings. When I got my first pair of Look Pivots, I realize all those years I was wrong. These bindings definitely live up to the hype.
Last season was my first on my Look Pivot 12's, and it was also the first season that I can't remember a single pre-release, failure to release, or broken binding. Whats more is that last season I was coming off of a sprained ligament in my knee, and started the season off VERY cautiously. The pivots let me slowly ramp it up to where I was confidently ripping through deep snow and dropping cliffs knowing my binding wouldn't cause my knee further harm.
I can't think of a better ski for the smaller-framed expert skier, big mountain ripper, or anyone looking for a high performance, dependable binding.
- The famous Pivot lateral toe and heel movement gives incredibly consistent releases for aggressive skiing.
- Minimal material underfoot allows for the most natural ski flex of any binding.
- The lowest stack height of any bindings decreases weight and increases responsiveness.
- This version of the Pivot is made of both plastic and metal so it could be less durable than a full metal binding.
- The DIN range of 4-12 is not meant for larger skiers.
- In deep snow it can sometimes be hard to step in to this binding.
This binding is a great choice for someone looking for the most reliable and safe binding on the market. The Pivot 12 GW reaches a 12 din setting. This is enough for the majority of skiers out there. However, if you are a larger, expert, male skier you may steer towards the Pivot 14 GW. If you are an expert looking for a high preforming, reliable binding that does not have a "clunky" and heavy feel the Look Pivot 12 GW is a great choice.
- Great energy transfer
- Heel elasticity helps avoiding pre-releasing
- Light weight and durable
- Not designed for racing
- Heel piece rotates, use extra caution when clipping into binding.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations.