The Curated Take
This is a great board for advanced boarders. This board crushes it off-piste in the trees on powder days. Even on the spring groomer days the Snowtrooper is playful and fun to ride. The floatation on this board is amazing. The front of the board wants to lift even in deep snow which helps you power through the deeper powder and not get stuck in the flats. This season in Lake Tahoe we had the most snow in 53 years. With so many powder days I got to board some terrain that is rarely hit. One day this season I was hitting a fresh lap in a double black chute while it was almost white out snowing and when I came back for a second lap I could not even tell I had just been there. Being in the trees with all the snow falling around me was such a great feeling. I had no worries of getting stuck or not being able to handle the deep powder we were getting (1-3 ft).
- All mountain
- Best for deep powder days on steeper terrain
- Best enjoyed off piste with carving opportunities
- The durability of the topsheet could be slightly better. Starting to chip
The Snowtrooper by Never Summer is an all mountain board that's designed to be a do-it-all snowboard for any riders' style. Original rocker camber profile gives this board a playful feeling with the ability to carve deep S-turns all over the hill. Best suited for the riders with intermediate to advanced riding abilities, and comes in wider widths for those with bigger boots.
- Directional Shaped Board – Designed with a classic directional shape, this board is slightly wider at the nose, and tapers at the tail; Which helps keep the nose up and floating through powder easily, with the ability to turn on a dime.
- Medium Flex Rating – This board has a medium flex rating (5) for versatility. A perfect blend of stiff and soft to charge the steep powder lines, and deep presses on boxes or rails.
- Fully-Wrapped Metal Edges – To add durability and rigidity to the deck, this board is built with fully-wrapped metal edges.