Giro Ledge MIPS Helmet
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a winter sports expert a question about this product
- What's a cheaper option?
- What should I compare this to?
- Is this right for me?
- What's a more premium option?
- Can you show me more like this?
This particular helmet is designed for the park. I'm not a terrain park person, but purchased because I liked the minimalist profile + the MIPs feature. I always choose MIPs technology, because, well, brain injuries are pretty serious and the MIPs design reduces the particular head movement that can cause brain injuries. Boy was I glad I did when I took a violent 600' yardsale once in the backcountry. Head is fine; helmet is no worse for the wear.
- Sleek, minimalist design
- Hard shell + MIPs provides good head protection
- Removable ear pads and goggle strap
- No built-in camera mount
- No built-in audio
The 2023 Giro Ledge MIPS Helmet is a solid choice for all skiers and riders wanting a stylish helmet with all the modern safety features necessary for shredding the mountain. A sleek minimalist design and MIPS technology make this helmet a great choice.
- Hard Shell Construction – This process creates a shell that can handle a serious impact and deflects energy from the crash.
- Stack Ventilation – Giro's stack ventilation design keeps the head warm or cool when needed and also helps prevent goggles from fogging up.
- MIPS Technology – This modern helmet technology reduces rotational forces from hard falls and crashes for added safety.
The Giro Ledge MIPS helmet is very comfortable and looks great. It is relatively cheap compared to other MIPS options, yet offers the same protection. The Ledge is durable enough to hold up to years of skiing unless it takes a serious hit. The vents do not have an option to close, but I have never found this to be an issue. The earpads and goggle clip are easily removable allowing users to quickly change styles. This specific model does not have a size adjustment feature, but it comes in different sizes to fit most heads. This is my personal favorite helmet and I have been using it for years.
- No size adjustment
- No vent adjustment
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations