The Curated Take
This ski has some camber underfoot and fairly deep rocker lines in both the tip and tail, which makes it ski a little shorter than the length indicates. This makes throwing the ski sideways at any speed super easy, allowing you to dump speed and smear the ski all over the mountain. The fairly soft flex pattern and deep rocker lines are symmetrical for the tips and tails, which makes it ski really well switch. For someone wanting to get into butters, this would be an excellent option. The flex pattern, while being on the softer side, is very snappy and feels like these skis are spring-loaded for popping off of jumps.
Really heavy or expert skiers hitting larger features may find it to be a little unsupportive. When landing large drops in softer snow, the tips and tails will flex up, and I have found you can crater into the snow. When landing larger jumps in the backseat, the tails are soft enough to not be there to catch you and will flex out of the way. This will quickly teach you to maintain a strong, centered stance on these skis.
So, who is this ski for? They will be most at home in the hands of a modern freeride skier with a centered stance on days when the snow is less than 6 inches deep. These will be a really fun ski for beginners all the way up to advanced skiers.
- Nimble and playful with a light swing weight.
- Springy flex makes popping off jumps and doing butters feel great.
- Symmetrical shape and flex means they ski great switch.
- Soft flex makes it not the best option for heavier or larger riders.
- Does not carve as well as a more dedicated on piste ski.
- When to far in the backseat the skis are not super supportive.
The Icelantic Nomad 95 Skis are the perfect choice for those seeking a versatile ski that can handle any terrain on the mountain. With its award-winning design, this ski is the narrowest option in the Nomad Freeride Collection, featuring a 95mm platform and rockered tip and tail. The Hybrid Flight Core made of poplar and paulownia wood makes this collection lighter and more poppy, allowing you to effortlessly play all over the mountain.
- Versatile Design: The Icelantic Nomad 95 Skis are designed to handle any terrain on the mountain with ease.
- Rockered Tip and Tail: The rockered tip and tail provide added maneuverability in deep snow while maintaining stability on hardpack.
- Hybrid Flight Core: Made of poplar and paulownia wood, this core provides a lightweight yet durable construction for optimal performance.
- True Versatility: With 2mm of camber underfoot, these skis offer true versatility all over the mountain.
- Playful Performance: Whether you're hitting up the park or exploring off-piste terrain, these skis offer playful performance that will keep you entertained all day long.