The Curated Take
I've demoed every alpine ski binding on the market and the Warden for years has remained one of my top favorites because the reliable retention and power transfer are best in class. My ski style at times can be described as a linebacker being shot out of a cannon. Because of that, I have a habit of exploding out of bindings when I'm getting a little too excited, even when I have them cranked up accordingly. The Warden however has never let me down in that sense. I've always stayed securely connected to the ski right up until the point where I actually do need it to release and when it does, it feels smooth, safe, and crisp. It's everything you can ask for. On top of that it's versatile to any discipline, any ski, and even any boot thanks to it's MNC rating, making it one of the most capable options in it's category. The one only flaw that I've found with this binding after years of hard use on both my personal skis and the rental fleets that I've managed, is that the very front of the toe piece, where the plastic of the DIN window wraps around has a tendency to crack with hard use. It's more aesthetic than anything and never a deal breaker for me but worth considering when looking at the options.
- The Warden 11 is versatile to all styles of skiing with great power transfer
- The Warden 11 has reliable release and an easy step in
- The Warden 11 is MultiNormCertified to take any mainstream bootsole
- The plastic housing of the DIN window that wraps around the front of the toe piece has a tendency to crack with hard use
- Not the lightest binding in it's class
- User should avoid over tightening the toe height adjustment
The Armada N Warden MNC 11 Ski Bindings are the perfect choice for modern freeride skis. With a wide toe piece and mounting pattern, these bindings are designed to drive wide skis better than traditional bindings. They also feature a lighter weight and easier step-in, making them an excellent option for those who want to spend more time on the slopes and less time fiddling with their gear.
- Wide Toe Piece: The wide toe piece of these bindings is specifically designed to provide better power transmission to wider skis.
- Lightweight Design: The Armada N Warden MNC 11 Ski Bindings are made with lightweight materials that won't weigh you down on the mountain.
- Easy Step-In: These bindings feature an easy step-in design that makes getting in and out of your skis a breeze.
- Versatile Compatibility: The Multi Norm Certified (MNC) design of these bindings means they can be used with both alpine and touring boots, making them a versatile choice for any type of skiing.
- Strong Mounting Pattern: The strong mounting pattern of these bindings ensures that your skis will stay securely attached no matter how hard you push them.