Get fast, free advice from an expert
Eligible product if recommended by your Expert.Check out our Return Policy
The Curated Take
These boots are excellent for anyone who wants a tech binding compatible touring boot that is a true 130 flex. Lange makes multiple last widths across the XT3 range and the low-volume model is for those with a narrower foot. While these are not the narrowest option (that would be the Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD) they are great for people who do not think a 100mm last fits them well but are uncomfortable in the aforementioned Atomic Hawx. Gripwalk soles and tech binding compatibility make these boots capable of any type of ski touring, but there are some drawbacks to consider if you ski mostly in the backcountry. These boots are heavy, and the walk mode is not as good as the one you would find on a touring-specific boot. That being said, these are the perfect boots for hike-to-only terrain at the resort or laidback ski tours! I had trouble with the walk mode on these boots when I started using my Zipfit liners and found that the range of motion was cut about in half, but this was not a problem with the stock liners. Overall, I have found these boots to be really responsive in all skiing conditions and with all different types of bindings, so I would highly recommend these boots.
- Expert skiers who want a stiff hybrid boot for resort and backcountry skiing.
- Great 130 flex option for aggressive expert skiers with a narrower, low volume foot.
- Very responsive and works with all touring bindings.
- Walk mode does not work well with aftermarket liners.
The Lange XT3 Free 130 LV GW Ski Boots are the ultimate freeride boots for the modern skier. Engineered to go up and built to ski down, these boots feature Lange's innovative Dual Core construction for rock-solid power and precision on the descent. With new Active Power V-Lock and Friction Free Hinge technology, these boots offer effortless mobility and range-of-motion on the way up. Whether you're a seasoned pro or just starting out, the XT3 is a new benchmark in free-touring performance.
- Active Power V-Lock technology provides effortless mobility and range-of-motion on the way up.
- Friction Free Hinge ensures smooth movement without any resistance.
- Dual Core construction delivers rock-solid power and precision on the descent.
- Purpose-built for modern freeride skiing.
- Ideal for experienced skiers looking to take their skills to new heights.