Salomon QST 106 Skis · 2023
- We price match
Get fast, free advice from an expert
Ask a ski expert a question about this product
- Is this right for me?
- What bindings go with these skis?
- Can you show me more like this?
- What boots go with these skis?
- How do I choose the right length?
- Ask your own question
The Salomon QST 106 is the ultimate freeride ski for those looking for a lightweight, super versatile fun carving ski that also can do extremely well in the soft powder while it can hold an edge tearing up the corduroy runs.
The QST 106 comes with a wide 136 tip shovel, 106 under foot, 123 tail and a rocker/camber/rocker profile makes this ski super playful in any conditions
- Float in powder
- not well on crud
- soft ski not very stiff
- avoid ice
The Salomon QST 106 is a free ride oriented ski that shines in deep snow and off-piste conditions, while still having plenty of hard snow capabilities to function as a great daily driver on the west coast, or for advanced skiers who prioritize powder and off trail performance. 106mm underfoot, with a long tapered rocker in the tips and tails, this ski is made to conquer deep snow and big mountain lines with confidence. With added Carbon, flax, and titanal they have precise handling and easy turn initiation, making them playful over the entire mountain.
- Poplar Wood Core – Salomon build the QST line around a full Poplar wood core. This creates a lively and stable ski that helps minimize vibrations.
- Cork Damplifier and C/FX – In addition to the Poplar wood core, Salomon adds cork in the tips and tails to help further reduce chatter, and use a layer of blended Carbon and Flax materials through the ski to increase torsional stiffness and stability at speed.
- TI Binding Reinforcement – Titanal is added edge to edge in the center of the ski to increase edge grip and carving performance without adding unnecessary weight.
- Full Sandwich Sidewalls – Full length sidewalls, with added high density ABS material underfoot, maximizes hard snow performance and edge grip through the camber of the ski.
This product is the best for intermediate and advanced skiers. I have friends who drop 15 foot cliffs on these skis and I have friends who rip trees and groomers on the QSTs. On heavy days, these skis keep it smooth and quiet despite the variable conditions - yet they don't feel heavy. On powder days, these skis float with ease and set you up for some face shots. They are easy to turn and fun to charge down groomers and couloirs alike. The QSTs are a one quiver all mountain ski because of their versatility to thrive in all conditions and terrain. These skis are so fun to take into the trees or down couloirs because you can feel confident and stable while skiing technical zones or while ripping a groomer. This makes it a great ski for big mountain, free ride skiers, and intermediate/advanced skiers alike. This will be your new go to ski for the resort or backcountry.
- This product is best for all mountain skiing.
- Its responsiveness allows it to initiate turns with ease.
- The QSTs durability makes it a smooth charger in adverse conditions.
- The ski holds up great in the backcountry, but is not the lightest touring ski available.
Is this right for you? Chat with an expert to learn more about this product, compare it with similar options and get personalized recommendations